LG G2 charging problems
JBist2253

I have just recieved a used lg g2 in the mail about a week or two ago from lg because my last phone was defective, now this phone is also. At first it was charging fine,  i used the same charger that it came with. Now everytime I plug in my charger my phone charges for a few seconds and then stops and a message pops up that says my charger is incompatible with my phone, I've used different charges, tried reseting my phone multiple times and it still will not work! I keep having problems with LG G2s I bought a nice case for it and got replacements yet every time I get a new free used one in the mail from Verizon or LG I keep having more problems. Any advice whether it be how to fix my phone or how to get a new one for free of a different kind because I do not have another upgrade anytime soon and I really want a reliable phone.

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 charging problems
Jaxiejo26

I have the SAME EXACT problems...I havent had my phone very long either.... GRR

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Will it charge (slowly) using a Computer USB port and a known working cable? It is possible your cable or the adapter is bad. You could also try one of those Qi charging pads available via Amazon or eBAY. You can get a pad for as little as $6.

Or a new OEM charger. Be careful to get the proper OEM charger for the LG G2. I think it is an MCS-04 1.8A unit. They are like $7 - $10 on eBAY.

Call LG about it. Describe in detail your issues with the most recent phone, and prior phones. Sounds like whomever is sending you refurbs, they have the burden of latent issues. Not cool. Your experience should be much better.

Maybe the OEM can hook you up with a new unit. I suggest you be very well documented and tell them everything that you've done when you call. Good luck.

0 Likes
MarthaMS

On my 2nd LG G2 as well - a used one and two nights ago it stopped recognizing the charger that came with it.  I've had this one over 3 months now and have done nothing to change any settings.  I'm done with LG devices after this one.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Has the charger that came with it failed?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I don't know much about the charging issue but I can tell you that I am on my 4th G2.  My problems are not the same each time and each time and update comes out I wind up getting a replacement.  Sadly, you are stuck with the G2 until either you upgrade, buy full retail price, or get a certified pre-owned unit (there are very very few and none up to the tech we have in the G2) of another model and extend contract.  Only other option is in-eligible early upgrade which is uyp to #200 off a new phone at the full price.  Thats another $400-500 phone instead of up to $600.  Not really a great deal.  As of 2 days ago I requested a new model phone.  I had the option of a Cert Pre-Owned Windows phone or something that was 3 years old, forgot the model.  I am fearful each time I send in for a replacement as I never know what might happen in transit of the returned unit, plus I hear stories about VZW stating physical damage was done, when you know thats not the case, and charging $300 for the replacement phone because they wont send back your old phone.  Good thing is, and this was exactly what was said to me, "You have unlimited replacements."

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds Like the Proximity sensor is not the only thing that is causing issues with this phone as I posted in another area I hope my sister N law passed on this update she had to get a new G2 because her screen got cracked on hers previous another thing I'll have to pass on to her.

We'll keep on eye on this thread to pass the latest info onto my sister N Law  Thanks b

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Really, there isnt much one can do to avoid updates.  The software updater cant be disabled and we all eventually click on the Install Now button no matter how many times we defer the update.

0 Likes