LG G2 battery drain, wifi problems, phone overheats. Happens only after KitKat upgrade
israelm
Enthusiast - Level 2

upgraded my lg g2 to kitkat and ever since then, my battery drains less than 6 hours, wifi connects and disconnects and doesn't even connect to the internet sometimes. Everything was working fine before the update and now it doesn't. Its not my router at home, when I go to different places with wifi, same deal. Also, phone seems to get pretty hot a few times a day. Anyone else having this issue?

Re: LG G2 battery drain, wifi problems, phone overheats. Happens only after KitKat upgrade
Rowz
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are a lot of people having this same problem unfortunately. Verizon's answer seems to be they aren't aware of any problem and to reset your phone to factory defaults.  I did this and it helped a little, however lost all my pictures in the process. Very frustrated since this was such a great phone before upgrade.

Re: LG G2 battery drain, wifi problems, phone overheats. Happens only after KitKat upgrade
paulyjsob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had nothing but problems after the upgrade as well.  I did a full reset (twice) and its still not right.  WIFI acting up, bluetooth using battery when its NOT on, crazy quick battery drain.

This WAS the best phone I've had until this update.  I wish I could go back to the previous release.

Clearly Verizon, there is a problem.  My wife's G2 is also experiencing higher battery drain.

B33
Legend

If your not past your 14 Day return on your G2 take it back to your local store,  ask a Rep if they can DOA it if they can do that but hold off updating to Kit Kat..

0 Likes
israelm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my phone since last year October. I think I may just revert back to the old version instead of kitkat until this gets resolved for now. Phone was amazing before the upgrade, now it works like crap. At least I'm not the only one.

B33
Legend

O..  K..   Well as for reverting the software back that can't be done sorry to have to tell you that.. as for the phone getting to hot..  you might if it's OS related get a replacement as for a new one that would be up to the Manager running the Local store you bought it at but I'd definitely ask see what can Done..

0 Likes
israelm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh there's a way. Just not discussing it on here.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I did however reboot the phone in safe mode and restarted the phone after it was in safe mode. For some odd reason, seems to be working okay so far. We'll see how long this works. Best to luck to everyone!

B33
Legend

K    have a good weekend..  b

0 Likes
katiekay0216
Enthusiast - Level 3

Imhaving. All of %hesameissues.  Im not going to correct any mistakes inmy. Message because i want to show what bullshithapp ens when i try to type now. Because the keyboard lags and stutters it messes up all of my messages and i have to go back and fieveryth i_ng. [Riginally I thought it was manufacturing* ssues soI.  Am now on my fourth lg g2. But now i know fo a fact that its this stupid kitkat update because before it everything worked beautifully. See isnt this hard to read ?well itshard. To correct every time I want to text or type anything to anyone.

Oh and one of my favorite things *sthat. It now overheats like crazy which it also didnt do before the update. Why should i have to reset my phone for an issue that they should be solving

RAnnKlein33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this issue and took my phone into verizon. They were so frustrated with it, they sent back that one and sent me a new lg g2 under warranty. I got it about 2 weeks ago, and it had worked fine until yesterday when the exact same problems started again. To say the least, I am very frustrated.

0 Likes