LG G2 Direct Message widget doesn't always show previous messages after Android 4.4.2 update
jojo9999

Hi, this may seem like a trivial complaint about the Android 4.4.2 update but it is annoying nonetheless.  I use Direct Message widgets on my home screen to get quickly into frequently-used txt conversations.  Before the update, the widget would take me to a normal texting view showing previous messages with that contact, but now at certain times, it takes me to a blank txt window, as if there are no previous messages with that contact.  The first time it happened, I thought I lost all my txts!  Of course if I go to them through the standard Messaging shortcut and then the name of that contact, it shows the previous txts... but I use the Widgets to save a step.  As far as when it does this, it happens right after a power on, restart, or if there hasn't been a txt for an hour or so.

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 Direct Message widget doesn't always show previous messages after Android 4.4.2 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jojo9999, we love trivial questions. However, we have few questions for you in order to address your concerns. Did you download this Direct Message widget from Google Play market? If so, we recommend that you uninstall the application and then redownload it again. It's possible that the software update may have affected the performance of that application. Please keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 Direct Message widget doesn't always show previous messages after Android 4.4.2 update
jojo9999

Hi, thanks for replying.  I didn't download it from Google Play, it's the one that came with the phone (Apps, Widgets tab, Direct Message 1x1).  I did try removing the one that was already on my Home Screen and re-adding it, but the same problem exists.  Also, I can't seem to find any consistency as to when it brings you to a blank message screen or the existing messages; sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No problem at all, jojo9999!

I have researched this issue further and have found no resolution to the problem you're experiencing.  I haven't found this to be a known issue with the device. And you have already completed the troubleshooting steps we recommend.  I suggest reaching out to the manufacturer for additional application/widget support.  Here's a link to their Support page: http://bit.ly/1n634YO.  Thanks for allowing us to assist!  Keep us posted on your results.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
jojo9999

Hi, I contacted LG through their web site on May 2 but have not received any response.  Would you please contact them through your channels and forward the information I have provided?  It seems like a small oversight was made during construction of the update, but has rendered the Direct Message widget all but completely useless.  You may also want to mention that, in the standard Messaging screen, when you press in the text box to show the keyboard or the Back button to hide it, the whole screen now fades from the existing screen into the new screen, rather than just the keyboard sliding up or down... so I'm wondering if the widget is now connected to the incorrect screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jojo9999,

We want you to be able to enjoy the use of your Direct Message widget. I am so sorry but we are not able to send a direct message to LG. Have you tried to contact LG via phone? They can be reached at 800-793-8896.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
jojo9999

No, sorry but I don't have time to stay on the phone while a representative takes me through troubleshooting steps to resolve an equipment malfunction, when I already know this is an error in the software design.

0 Likes