Re: LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
Snn5
Legend

Well, I have had multiple G2s myself, and Early Edge on the Turbo or MAXX is all the offer you'll get unfortunately.  I had service issues where I never had a problem previous and I know that it was either the network or the phone, well the phone was replaced several times.  You cant replace the network as easily.  But, instead of replacing my phone with something comparable, they released me from contract, or so they say due to terrain obstructions and low 3G signal.  I plan to take that offer to cancel sans ETF tomorrow.  We will see though.  The other deal could be just as bad in other areas and I end up staying with VZW despite the issues I have.  Case in point:  I know it is cheaper to let a customer leave than to replace a phone, but having had no prior issues with any other device in the same location, it all seemed strange that they gave up.  Nonetheless, thats what agreements state:  phone replaced with same phone and released if service is not attainable.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

FWIW: If you purchased with AMEX, and some other CCs, they extend a manufacturer's warranty by one year.

You've gone through 7 LG G2s? Wow.

You say you've had 3 seperate devices that are unable to charge post upgrade to Lollipop. Would these all be LG G2s? Would they all be with the same charger and cable?

I am not having any difficulties with LG G2 charging rate, but I did an FDR *BEFORE* I took the update. It's possible, you need to backup your device and perform one yourself. For point of comparison, my device has gone down 2% in 3 hours of post-100% charge doing receiving of Text and email messages.

dgcamero
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not complaining at all about the battery life.  It's acceptable...sometimes I use my phone very heavily and it dies in 6 hours, sometimes it lasts 10 or 11.  The problem I'm having is the charge rate.  It should not take 6-12 hours to charge my phone.  That is not acceptable at all.  Yes, the 3 post lollipop devices have been LG G2s.  I have tried all methods of upgrading (OTA without pre-reset [G2 number 4], over the wire on a fresh CLNR [G2 number 6], OTA with a fresh CLNR [G2 number 7].  I have tried my LG stock charger and cord, a brand new Samsung 2.0 amp charger and cord, the Qi charger that accompanies the Samsung charger, my 2.0 amp car charger, a 1 amp car charger, a 1 amp Samsung house charger...and they all take at least 7 hours to charge.  That's the problem with a non-removable battery, however...you can't switch it out, literally negating the use of my phone half of the day.  Anyway, a fantastic social media manager is getting the issue resolved for me.  Best wishes to the G2 crowd!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What is this "social media manager" (?) and my post-L update charge rate is 45-60 min to 100% from 5% while powered off.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

That is just bizzare.

Frankly, I would have trusted no charger except an OEM LG G2 charger and cable. I would have gotten another off eBAY if necessary. I would have tried a different electrical outlet, and I would not have had the screen active. I would also have also made sure to check the charge rate in Airplane mode.

There seems to be something more to this...

dgcamero
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd love to see those screenshots.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

TOS prevent any communications or chat dialogues with Verizon reps to be displayed in the community.

0 Likes
RichSPK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had problems like that with Bluetooth headsets when there's radio interference, like in my cubicle at work.

0 Likes
sococky
Enthusiast - Level 3

After reading all the news.  I'm going to hold off.  I installed the update before Lollipop, I'm guessing that's VS98028A and that's about all I'm gonna do.  My G2 is not my primary phone, but I'd be ticketed if it was.  Still love this thang and keep it as a backup, great battery life, knock on/off and same size if not bigger than the iPhone 6. 

0 Likes
DBEELR
Enthusiast - Level 3

just disabled advanced call, When I call other non verizon or land lines I don't seem to have call quality issues. will try a call between our phones tomorrow when my wife is out now that the advanced call is deactivated