Re: LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
fifteenkey
Enthusiast - Level 3

Advanced Calling has not been very advanced for me. I disabled it.

stef7
Master - Level 2

There's a reason not to update. Apps can't disable data. OMG.

Snn5
Legend

Yeah, I killed that off in Sept 2014 after dropped and missed calls.  I have to say I really like 5.0.2 and my phone is crazy fast and great battery life.  My only fuss is that with each new version, google kills off another needed feature in the name of security.  Like previously it was the ability to let an app turn on GPS or WiFi remotely...that really hurt the "Find My Phone" apps chances of finding a lost phone.  Same with this killing off the ability to turn on/off mobile data...safeguards I had in place to limit use by day and amount to keep wild apps from using data in case I forgot to turn off data can no longer work.  All these restrictions hurt developers too, since now, that app is no longer of any use to me. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I question battery saver as, since we don't know what it turns off (usually wifi, brightness, vibrate feedback, etc...) that it will turn off wifi and keep mobile data on, despite the "Always on wifi during sleep."

0 Likes
jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Avoid this update at all costs. it's unbelievably bad. there is absolutely nothing good about it whatsoever. google just destroys your phone so that they can make a few extra pennies a year per phone

Snn5
Legend

Word on XDA is that the battery saver mostly cuts down on the core clock speed, but that';s useless since usually the CPU is running at a minimum anyway in idle, and it takes a lot to get 4 cores to 2.26Ghz anyway.

0 Likes
dgcamero
Enthusiast - Level 3

jmcdoo I had the same problem.  I did a reset on my phone and it made it charge less slow (before, it took over 4 hours to charge from 65ish% to 99% and now it charged from 5% to 75% in only 5h:15m!)  I was satisfied with my battery life from full, 8 hours and 50 mins is good for me...but not at this charging rate. LG also promised the widely reported GPS issues with the LG G2 would be corrected with the update to Lollipop, but that has not been the result (it's a hardware fault that affects most of the LG G2s).  Verizon is sending me a CLNR to see if the battery charge fault is hardware or software.  If it's software, I don't know what I'm going to do.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon, after 4 replacements, has decided to release me from my contract.  They won't change the phone, but they will waive a $220 ETF....lol.  Anyway, it is what it is, and be careful of data use...apps can no longer disable mobile data at set limits and social media apps can disconnect wifi in favor of mobile data at their discretion. 

0 Likes
jmcdoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did an FDR last night to see if it would help. Still discharges during navigation with the charger plugged in...only less so. Instead of losing 12% of the battery, I only lost 6%.

Discharging during the day seems a bit slower as well...I'm down to about 65% now ~6 hours later, so not too bad. I'm going to go through a couple of charge/discharge cycles as opposed to keeping it topped up to see if that helps.

0 Likes
Kidnice

Yes Mine is downloading now.  I am just a little upset because a lot of features people complained about or didn't use I know I use like slide aside.  Oh well, bottom line its still a pretty decent phone.

0 Likes