Re: Knock On NOT working!?!!
goalie127rt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon people:

I promise not to delve into any ridiculous conspiracy allegations.

My LG G2 has a similar issue that the Knock On feature stopped working in the last 24 hours.  And like the OP, I also have a dead spot in the top part of my screen if I go to Notebook and try drawing lines.  I booted into Safe Mode, and the problem persisted.

A 2 hr call to Support brought me to one person who suggested taking the battery out !?!?!?  Clearly, the rash of similar reports suggests that something is going on, and a factory reset will not solve it.  The Support line has never heard of either problem.

Since I don't have a Twitter account, how can I contact you to receive further assistance?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
briemarie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support    Not seeing where I can even send a private message.screenshot.jpg

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

briemarie ... Both adas_vzw  and  LenaA_VZW indicate they've sent you Follow requests that you should see in your forum inbox ... did you receive and approve them?  You also then need to hover over their user names (their specific names as posted here, not the generic Verizon Wireless Customer Support) and click Follow to send them a request that they'll likewise have to approve.  Once you are Following each other, then you can Direct Message each other by again hovering over their specific user name and clicking Message.

0 Likes
briemarie
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you'd notice on the picture I posted, it says "Awaiting approval" so I've done what I needed to do at this point. Just waiting for them to accept or follow me back.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, I noticed that, as well as noticed that it was sent to the generic Customer Support profile.  As noted earlier, the Follow requests need to be sent to the specific Verizon reps, not the generic Customer Support account.  If you wait on approval from the generic Verizon Wireless Customer Support account, I'm afraid you'll be waiting for a very long time. 

0 Likes
briemarie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, thanks tikibar1 - you've been more help than Verizon has at this point.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome; wish I could help with your specific issues, but I don't have that phone and don't remember seeing any posted remedies.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Ask for a replacement under warranty.

0 Likes
briemarie
Enthusiast - Level 3

stef7 I already received a replacement phone - with three times the hours of talk time and a color-faded screen. No thanks, I want MY phone to work, I don't want someone else's used and abused phone.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yes, it would not be ideal if you got a refurbished phone.

On another site, I found that people with this device on other carriers accessed something called the dialer service menu, and there was a code that allowed them to update their firmware and this fixed their problem.

Call LG and speak to their technical support team. Tell them you are on Verizon. That other people on other carriers accessed this debug feature of their device to upgrade their firmware, and see if it's possible on your phone.

Honestly, in an FDR doesn't fix it, and if LG can't help you upgrade your firmware, I don't know what you can do but go to a corporate VZW store and ask them for a replacement.

0 Likes