Knock On NOT working!?!!
briemarie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've done a regular and hard reset on my phone and my "knock on" will not work, but knock off works just fine. This started out of NO WHERE! Even after the KitKat update, my phone has been working just fine. Could Verizon PLEASE help us with this issue?!?! There seems to be a lot of questions about this problem that are unanswered! I LOVE this phone, this is the first time I've had an issue! That, and I just realized yesterday that a section of my screen isn't working! I went to the "Draw" application and colored the screen, and the first time I drew, there was a complete rectangular blank spot, the second time I tried it, in the same rectangular section, I was only able to draw vertically, and not horizontally. I've been extremely careful with my phone and kept a case on it since I bought it. The case is not covering the LED light, which was an issue some were having. KathleenKBGFirstDraw.jpgSecondDraw.jpg

Re: Knock On NOT working!?!!
briemarie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've also calibrated the sensor, tried turning the Knocking feature off and resetting the phone, then turning the Knocking feature back on. Nothing has helped. I've read somewhere there was a touchscreen update for the LG? Yet I've run my LG updating software and shows no updates are available.

briemarie
Enthusiast - Level 3

And my phone also won't go into safe mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's never fun briemarie! I'm sorry to see you've been having problems with your phone. We want it back to running smoothly so you can love it again. I appreciate you taking those steps to resolve it. We have just one more to go; please test the touch screen using the Notebook application. Draw vertical lines from top to bottom of the screeen, if the lines are interrupted or the touch screen does not respond, please accept my follow request and follow me back. Then, you will be able to send me a direct message.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
briemarie
Enthusiast - Level 3

FirstDraw.jpg this was from the first draw--almost the whole rectangular section was unresponsive, except for one line.

the second time I tried (below), only the vertical lines responded.   Verizon Wireless Customer SupportSecondDraw.jpg

0 Likes
rmonak
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem. I need a resolution.

wantaworkingphone

I've had this phone since launch day without a problem...All of a sudden, my touchscreen has went haywire: Knock On doesn't work, the screen has a mind of it's own, the touch response is awful. This happened out of nowhere and is very frustrating. I have tried everything from a Reboot to a Factory Data Reset to no avail. I just want my phone to work as it did before. Would appreciate help here

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@briemarie,

I appreciate your giving this a try and keeping us posted! Did you send us direct message as requested by Ada? We will need to access your account to further assist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
briemarie
Enthusiast - Level 3

No I could not send a message, as my request is pending. This is an  issue that should probably be resolved by LG, not so much Verizon. LG insisted that this was not a known issue -- WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. I've found too many people writing about these same exact problems. I've done factory resets, started in Safe mode, and even got a replacement phone -- but I don't want a replacement..I just want MY phone to WORK CORRECTLY! LG thinks that just because they're coming out with the G3 soon, that they can just write a minor update to destroy our current G2's so that we will just decide to upgrade to the G3. Has anyone else noticed their microphone for speech-to-text on the keyboard is now gone, too?!!?! RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, wanaworkingphone! I completely understand the need of a reliable device. It seems like you did a fair share of troubleshooting. I just sent you a follow request, please follow back and send me a private message with this information so that I can help.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes