Issue with Multiple Texts Being Sent on a LG G2
TextingMadness
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wondering if anyone else has been having this problem, when I send out a text message to someone sometimes, but not always, it will send several duplicate texts to them (sometimes as many as 10 duplicate messages). I've tried using different SMS apps and even did a factory reset to try and solve this issue but nothing seems to have worked. I have a Verizon LG G2, if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and knows a fix please let me know.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Issue with Multiple Texts Being Sent on a LG G2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TextingMadness we'll put an end to this issue! Has there been any changes since the trouble started i.e. new app, updates, etc? Is this happening with a specific individual or randomly?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TextingMadness
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate you trying to help, as I mentioned in my post I've tried

several different things to remedy this issue so it might be hard for me to

pin point the change. I did do a factory reset on my phone this weekend and

the problem has already occurred so I don't think wiping my phone is the

answer. As for text apps I used the stock app, Chomp, and Textra and it's

happened with all of the different apps. Also it seems to happen randomly

though it has seemed to happen more when I text people with IPhones. Let me

know if there is anything else you need to know or have any ideas about

what I might be able to do to fix this.

Thank you,

Justin

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

When you are getting text or when sending text?

If you have group texting off you'll get multiple text when responded from whom you sent.

If you are sending and multiple times it sends seems like a network issue more than a phone issue as it happens with multiple apps.

0 Likes
TextingMadness
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I am sending text messages so I am inclined to believe it is a network issue since I've had the same problem with multiple SMS apps and have even factory reset my phone to see if it would fix the issue.

ChiefsFan86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe this is a Verizon network problem as well. Im experiencing this with my Galaxy S3 and I know someone with an iPhone on Verizon is also having the same issue. I did a data wipe and removed the battery but its still doing it. I really dont want to go to the VZ store so I hope it is resolved quickly.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I also had the multiple texting problem that started late Fri afternoon, I shut down the app, cleared data, uninstall then re-installed  etc. I also feel this was on-going at Verizon's end. For me on my S5 the problem ended and I'm back to normal on text.

0 Likes
Leeker
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is DEFINITELY a Verizon issue!!  Since yesterday afternoon all the phones on our account (iPhones, Droid, and a couple of older LG  phones) have been sending/receiving a text message MULTIPLE times (2-10).   The older LG phones are also having problems just sending a message (may or may not go) AND have very limited signal.  I was on-line with a service rep last night for over an hour and all she could tell me was "she would check into it".

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Leeker,

Duplicate text messages can be annoying! I apologize that this issue is occuring with all the lines on your account. Is this occuring when the lines text message a particular number or all numbers? Is the issue only occuring while inside your home? How many bars of signal strength are displayed on the devices when this issue occurs?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Leeker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems to be Verizon customers and from home, car, work....everywhere.

Full bars and 3G service when trying to send message, then errors out telling us could not send message would you like to try again, then drops to 2 or 3 bars and 1G.

0 Likes