How to add ICE personal information?
ricks99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just upgraded to a new LG G2.

On the LOCK SCREEN, there's button [EMERGENCY CALL]. When I click it, I see my ICE contacts. There's also a button at the bottom that says PERSONAL INFORMATION.

When I click it, the Personal info page says "No Personal Info."

How do I add this information?

Note that this different than the OWNER INFO (which is limited to about 100 characters and appears, scrolling, on the LOCK SCREEN.

Any help would be appreciated.

-R

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to add ICE personal information?
Asbridgm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found this myself.

I was confused by the fact that the list of Emergency Contacts can be entered either as a Contact Group named "ICE - Emergency Contacts", or by finding "In Case of Emergency Contacts" at the top of the list of contacts. I found the Group first and that does not give you an option to add personal information.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ricks99,

Congrats on the new phone! Let's get your personal information added. Just add the steps by tapping the Information icon at the bottom center of the screen, Tap ( ) enter your information and save.

Please keep us posted on this!

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dhnyny
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note that if you fill in ICE info at the top of Contacts, or even simply open ICE without changing anything, it may break your ability to sync your contacts with a Google account. I found an app called "Contacts Sync Fix" that resolved this issue, but only by deleting the ICE info automatically. Google Contacts apparently doesn't know what to do with ICE info and so it stops syncing. (Note: This info was accurate a couple of months ago. It's possible that Kit Kat or something else fixed the ICE/sync problem. I haven't checked.)

0 Likes
Asbridgm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same question for my LG G3.

The instructions offered above by KarenC_VZW do not make sense to me on my phone. If I assume that "tapping the Information icon at the bottom center of the screen" refers to the information icon labeled "Personal Information" on the Emergency Call screen itself, that leads to a screen that just says "No Personal info" and there is no way to do anything there. I am not sure what she means by "Tap ( )", but on this screen there is no response to any form of tapping.

Asbridgm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found this myself.

I was confused by the fact that the list of Emergency Contacts can be entered either as a Contact Group named "ICE - Emergency Contacts", or by finding "In Case of Emergency Contacts" at the top of the list of contacts. I found the Group first and that does not give you an option to add personal information.