bakerboy81

Have you had any screen issues with your screen skipping or when you swipe

your finger across the screen the phone will register the swipe click

sent by LG G2

0 Likes
Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during calls
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

No, the only issues I've had with the G2, so far, are the noise on my calls (a deal-breaker) and the "knock on" not working about half the time (which isn't a deal-breaker).

0 Likes
Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during   calls
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure how I missed this but, as you can see, most of us have had several phones and the network has checked out.It's not an individual issue.

0 Likes
NewEnglandBound

I was thinking about all this stuff I keep reading about people saying it could be the towers we are using.  I found your other post on the android forums and have followed that as well.  I wanted to see if everyone on this forum would say what state they are in to debunk this possible myth of it being the towers.  The likelihood of various towers around the country causing this issue on one specific phone seems very slim to me.  For starters, hence my poorly thought out screen name, I am in New England, more specifically New Hampshire.  Now if we are all in the same general area I'm going eat my own foot.  Thanks.

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

I'm in South Florida.

0 Likes
benz598

This is an issue that I noticed when I received my G2 (the audio screeching). I immediately exchanged it for an HTC. I was told by one Verizon store rep that he did not recommend the phone. A rep at another store said he would not recommend it because they are being returned for this very reason. Do yourselves a favor and if you are within your 14 day exchange window, buy a different phone.

I posted a three star review under the review section of the phone and was surprised at how many dislikes I got. I think people are just starting to realize it is a problem. Hopefully a simple OTA will fix it.

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

I'm hoping for an OTA fix, as well. I know that there is an OTA scheduled for late November but I don't know what it entails. Actually, I should say that I've been *told* that there is one. Coming from a Thunderbolt, I know better than to believe it until I see it

0 Likes
tribaljedi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the exact same problem.  I'm going to give it a couple more days then I'm calling support.

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im looking at this phone. Reading that the VZ version has one noise cancellation mic vs other carriers having 2 noise cancelation mics. If so could that be the issue?

0 Likes
tribaljedi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no idea but it is getting on my nerves.  It isn't to the point where I can't understand someone but the pops, screeches and general crap call quality is starting to hurt my ears.

0 Likes