How do I block an incoming number
Riverbelle

I have a new G2.  My old phone, a Samsung allowed me to block an incoming number; how do I do that on this new phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I block an incoming number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you're enjoying your awesome new phone, Riverbelle. Making a change can always mean getting use to new features. But our free Call & Message Block http://vz.to/MqEgqB will allow you to block up to 5 numbers from calling or texting you for up to 90 days at a time, no matter which model phone you have with us.

You also have the option of sending calls to voicemail from a particular contact on your G2. This doesn't actually block the call, just sends it right to your voicemail. Just go to Contacts, select the contact you want to send to voicemail, press Menu, and select "All calls to voicemail".

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you're enjoying your awesome new phone, Riverbelle. Making a change can always mean getting use to new features. But our free Call & Message Block http://vz.to/MqEgqB will allow you to block up to 5 numbers from calling or texting you for up to 90 days at a time, no matter which model phone you have with us.

You also have the option of sending calls to voicemail from a particular contact on your G2. This doesn't actually block the call, just sends it right to your voicemail. Just go to Contacts, select the contact you want to send to voicemail, press Menu, and select "All calls to voicemail".

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Riverbelle

Thank you Jennifer, this really helped me.

0 Likes
ktriley

I have the LG G2 with you guys and I would like to block a number from call or text. I clicked on the link you said but when I go to it, at the bottom it says this "Not available for this cell phone number". Why is it not allowing me to block up to 5 numbers free for 90 days? It doesn't even show where to put the numbers in, it just says it's not available for this cell phone number. I've been with Verizon for almost 10 years, this is very irritating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ktriley,

That's an interesting situation. I'm sure that together we can get this resolved for you. May I ask are you accessing the link from a desktop or laptop computer? Also, what browser are you using? If the bitly link isn't working then try this one, www.vzw.com/spamcontrols. Let us know if this works for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ktriley

Hello,

I tried that link as well and it still says that it's not available for my

cell phone number.

-Katie

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
stoproundingoffminute
Contributor - Level 1

When will the technology be out when you can block more then 5 numbers and for longer then 90 days?

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

FamilyBase is available now and provides that service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ktriley,

We want to get this working for you! I tried the link and it did open correctly on my end. Have you tried a differnet Internet browser? Once you login  to My Verizon, you should be able to add the call and message block by searching for it on the upper left hand side. You may need to be  signed into the profile that says "You are the Account Owner" (to the right of Welcome).

ElizabethE_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ttipgem, thanks for helping us support ktriley with information regarding the family base feature. Verizon FamilyBase is a service that you can use to monitor the activity of each device on your account and set usage limits for each device. Here's more information regarding that feature: http://vz.to/19jkOVm

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes