Google or Revolution ?
annies

I have had my Revolution since June, and have had most of the issues mentioned. I had it replaced and several resets. I thought I did the research to get the phone with the features I needed, but I believed that the sales people in the store were experts, but they weren't , so now I am stuck with a phone that does not do the two most important things that I wanted; Navigation and sync with my Uconnect in the car.

I downloaded the Google Maps and Navigation as I was instructed my the salesman in the store, and at first it worked fine. It would freeze sometimes during a Navigation, but then continue. Now it is all but useless. During Navigation, the screen freezes, sometimes goes black in sections, completely shuts down,or turns itself on an off. I have to remove the battery and put it back to get it to work. This is extremely UNSAFE if you are driving and trying to find your way. The question I have is if other people are having this issue? Is it Google or the phone? Is there another navigation app that is better?. I love the VZ Navigator, but do not think I should have to pay another $10 per month! Is Verizon messing with my navigation so they can get more money?

0 Likes
Re: Google or Revolution ?
jscrawley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a few friends who have the revolution, and there phone has been buggy in general. One of my friends could never use Google maps without the phone crashing. He did a few factory resets, and now it seems to work just fine for GPS. One thing that we noticed was if he had a lot of programs running in the backround it would increase the chance of a crash.

0 Likes
Re: Google or Revolution ?
akal

I have a friend that has the same issue of during Navigation the screen freezes or went blank or restarted the phone he had 2 replacements and he has had good luck with this one but then again only had it for 3 months...i believe it is the phone after seeing your post and his experience.

0 Likes