Google Wallet
omerc10696
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi everyone, I used to use Google wallet on my rooted S3 with no issues, i loved using it, after getting the LG G2 I rooted it and had no issues using google wallet. My original G2 screen cracked and i got another which i decided not to root, which of course led to the loss of being able to tap and pay. Now with the release of kitkat tap and pay can be used without root, I was happy to hear this, i immediately enabled tap and pay and went to my nearby 7 eleven, bought a few things went to pay and it was declined, I tried again and it was declined again, after which I pulled out the credit card (the same one I use on Google wallet as the default card) and paid without issue. I tried again today at a CVS and received an error that said something along the lines of "reader detected, please check with cashier that payment was received", it didn't go through, i attempted again and received the same error. Is anyone else having issues? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Google Wallet
Snn5
Legend

Mine says its set up and ready, haven't had the chance to try it yet, but soon as I do I'll report back here.  I'm subscribed to this thread cause I'd like to see what others have to say.

Geewiz2k1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the same thing on my LG G2 at my local CVS today.I don't think Verizon is allowing it to work, they probably want us to use ISIS.

Not applicable

Maybe the issue is that you rooted your phone which is a huge no no

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You missed the part where omerc10696 said "My original G2 screen cracked and i got another which i decided not to root".  The issue occurred on an updated, NON-rooted phone.

I have successfully used Tap and Pay on a Verizon HTC One with Kitkat, at a CVS store.

Not applicable

Yes I did miss that. My bad, but perhaps people shouldn't put in extraneous information not germane to the topic.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I sure hope GW works.  ISIS was a huge hassle for me...having to deal with VZW, ISIS, and AMEX plus having 3 secure SIMs that never functioned correctly for this app was just too much.  The app and the card issuer didn't communicate.  I really wouldn't be surprised if VZW is just allowing it on our phones to seem fair, but disabling it just enough to force ISIS on us.  I hope I'm not right, but they are pushing prepaid cards pretty hard. (since Chase and Wells Fargo are the only 2 banks)  IDK though, both use the NFC radio, but that secure SIM adds a bit of a complication in the sequence of things.

Snn5
Legend

Just tried Walgreens.  The clerk told me that it may be disabled due to similar scares like the Target scandal.  The card works though, which is important too.  I'm not entirely sure that all PayPass terminals will work with my G2 inside an Otterbox Defender.  Plus, I keep my card in the case which adds another layer between the pad and NFC chip.  I only keep enough for emergencies on the card incase I lose my wallet.  Walgreens terminals are shaped differently than McDonald's for instance.  Having to have the NFC chip so close to the pad, the shape can make a difference.

omerc10696
Enthusiast - Level 3

The reason I mentioned my rooted phone is because when using google wallet on my rooted G2 I had no issues, it worked as it was supposed to

0 Likes
omerc10696
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried it again at a couple of stores near me that i have successfully used GW at with both my S3 and my first G2, every time i used it it would be declined, I would then pay with my default card (using the physical card) and it would go through just fine.  Today I decided to try removing all payment methods from GW and reentering them, I shall be trying again later and seeing if it works.

0 Likes