I seriously thought I was the only person on the planet who had the WORST PHONE EVER!!! And now that the warranty has passed, I'm pretty sure I'm SOL until June of 2013. After a few months, this phone just started to go downhill. Some things you can deal with like the occasional freezing or force closing of apps, that's really no big deal when it happens once in a blue moon because I know cell phones aren't perfect. BUT, as each day goes by, this phone literally gets worse and worse. This phone has been wiped completely a few times (hard reset) and has been replaced by a "like new" device and clearly that didn't do anything if not make it worse. Let's go through each issue shall we??
1. Every app will freeze, and I'm talking pre-installed apps, not even third party downloads which Verizon seems to think cause all of the problems. What's the point in even having apps if we can't download them then? HMM? Why should I even have this smartphone if a customer service rep at the store tells me "oh you have a lot of apps, that's probably the problem" are you kidding me??
2. The most BASIC FUNCTIONS of this phone DO NOT WORK. It literally takes minutes for me to make a call. This is the slowest phone on the planet. I'll press the phone button, it thinks about it before changing screens to my recent calls, then I click the call button on a recent call and it will take up to three minutes before it even starts to place the call. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What if it was an emergency? Is it going to think about calling 911 before doing so? Am I or someone else going to die in the process of me calling 911 because my phone had to think about it? Oh and incoming calls, the phone will ring, I'll see the icon at the top by the phone will stay BLACK and I will have no way of answering it.
3. Text messages...oh texting. Another basic function that it can't do. Once again, it takes forever for anything to process once I press a button. Texts don't go through (even if it says sent), I don't get texts from others, or if I'm lucky I might get a text from someone 2 days after they send it but it usually just never comes through. People know my phone sucks so badly that they assume my phone just didn't receive the message because they know I'm quick at replying to things. I can't scroll through texts because it will lag or just move up one text by one text or just stop moving. If someone sends a text over 6 lines long I won't get the rest of it, just half.
4. Phone restarts itself whenever it feels like it.
5. Phone is getting warmer and warmer all the time. Next thing you know, the thing will explode or catch fire in my purse or on my desk I'm sure just because.
6. Internet...psh. Phone even works worse when I try to use WiFi, which is the opposite of what should be happening right? I should have AWESOME internet connection if I'm connected to my home's WiFi but instead, it doesn't work at all. What a waste.
7. I'll try to attach a picture to a text and the text will appear with said picture but will disappear and I won't be able to even get to the point of adding a person to send that message to. This happens over and over until I give up.
Basically, Verizon you're going lose another customer next year because I've had enough of this crap. And I have been an incredibly loyal Verizon customer for YEARS now.
Every issue that you mentioned is the exact same thing i'm going through. I can't take it anymore. And the bad thing is that i've only had this phone for a year and a half! Are you kidding me! I need a new phone but all they tell me is that I need a re-set or that "it's been fixed". I'm losing my patience!
YES MAM MY PHONE DOES THE SAME THINGS. VERIZON DOES NOT GIVE OUT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. IT MAKES NO SENSE THAT WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH HELL AND BACK TO GET SOME ACTION
We've done it all! I'm getting my second "replacement" in a couple days...but they've told me there's nothing they can do unless you have three replacements in a short period of time.
I've also been experiencing the same exact issues for over a year and a half now. My LG Revolution minimally functions despite having no more than 5 downloaded apps on it. Thank GOD my contract ends in a few months (goodbye Verizon after 15 years, hello another service provider?!). Regarding the not receiving text messages, Verizon once suggested that the issue was not my phone and was the cell tower(s), even though it happens no matter where I am (dummies), and asked me to call them back with the exact time and location of where and when lost texts were sent right after it happens. How the f am I supposed to provide this information when I'm never receiving the texts in the first place? I eventually gave up and just deal with the reject phone and tell friends and family to download whatsapp if they want me to ever receive their texts and pics. A stupid app is more reliable than the standard text message app on the phone Verizon sells to us. Pathetic. And no Verizon reps- hard resets, deletion of all downloaded apps, phone replacements with other LG Revolutions, etc. DO NOT WORK to solve this issue. The only solution is to purchase another phone and/or research customer service relations of competing wireless phone companies for when you decide to switch over Verizon's lack of concrete resolutions or compensation for this worthless device.
format SD card
create a new gmail account
watch 100% of your problems go away
leaving verizon over this issue is rather silly, you should leave LG products if anything...Keep in mind on your new carrier not to get a cheap budget android device
Received new SD card
Used another existing gmail account (how will creating a new one solve every single issue? Come on now.)
Factory reset completed, more than once.
= 0% of problems went away.
It should be a given that I will not be purchasing another LG product. As for leaving Verizon, at no point did I say that was a definite. See the question mark at the end of my third sentence and my suggestion for others to research competing wireless service providers and their customer services relations and/or policies. As for a future phone purchase, I will keep it in mind to not get a cheap budget android device, because this is exactly what I didn't do at the time when I purchased my LG Revolution?? At the time I purchased this phone in spring 2011, this was the most expensive android device available, along with I believe a few other new android devices, as it was one of the first devices that was able to access the 4GLTE network. The iPhone 4, I believe at the time, was less expensive than my LG Revolution and could not access the 4GLTE network. I am going to suggest you do a little research before making such blatantly incorrect assumptions and offer solutions that do not solve the LG Resolution's issues.
because most people have apps connected to their gmail account and are too stupid to turn off auto sync so the apps get on the phone again.
i'm trying to figure out how thousands of people dont have problems but you some how got multi devices that have problems.
maybe it cost more, but if you look at the specs both the charge and thunderbolt were much better
Did you check to see if your phone has had a spyware app installed? All the symptoms you describe sound like Mobilestealth. It records everything, (slows it down and makes it hot).