GPS Not working
gg1911
Enthusiast - Level 2

My GPS no longer works (will not find current location and lock on) with Google maps, waze, VZ Navigator. I've reset to factory default and still no luck. Ideas?

Re: GPS Not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd like to help resolve your concerns, gg1911! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your GPS! What make & model phone do you have? When did this begin? How long have you had your phone? It's good to know that you've tried resetting the device. Please provide some additional info, so we can better understand how to help resolve this.

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OP has an LG G2.

0 Likes
gg1911
Enthusiast - Level 2

VS980 4G, Android 5.0.2, Software version VS98039A......Purchased phone about 2 yrs ago

dhnyny
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. It has created a huge problem because I was counting on gps for a trip.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have either of you checked location settings in the phones main menu and made sure that High Accuracy mode is enabled?

0 Likes
gg1911
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes

dhnyny
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have. I've also deleted location history, reset and re-downloaded A-GPS data with the GPS Status app, and restored app preferences, suggestions I've seen elsewhere. On other forums I've read claims that some G2s have faulty GPS hardware and that once it fails you basically are stuck if your phone is over a year old.

0 Likes
dhnyny
Enthusiast - Level 2

What hardware version do you have? Mine is Rev.1.0. My software is the same as yours.

0 Likes
gg1911
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Rev 1.0 also. I did the same things you've done and read the same info on the different forums..........

0 Likes