Re: Everyone doing OK since the 27A update yesterday?
Snn5
Legend

I love the GUI of Maps, but the lack of offline navigation is why I went to Nokia Here Maps, which is the only offline app I have tried that offers to find house numbers instead of just intersections offline with a full USA map.  As far as issues go, I'm just the most vocal in my circle of family and friends about the issues in my area with the G2.  I look like a fool for having them switch from T-Mobile and others from out of contract phones to this G2.

0 Likes
fifteenkey
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pretty good for me so far. Snappy and battery life seems improved enough to notice.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Snn5 wrote:

I have been a loud speaker against this HD madness since Sept 2014.  I miss and drop calls still.  And thats after disabling and removing the feature.  I had hoped this update might fix that, but no matter...I have 1 GB data plan and would never use it as to use the HD Voice even, one must have data enabled, which I do not.

Let's be clear HD voice does NOT use your data. Video calling will but ONLY if you are using Verizon's network. If you're using wi-fi it won't. Nothing wrong with HD voice. When I call someone else that has it it's night and day compared to a regular call. That may a small percentage of calls new but eventually it will be everyone. Also VoLTE enabled Verizon to get rid of CDMA. Which is a good thing since Verizon can use that spectrum for LTE. And Verizon doesn't have to have separate CDMA and LTE radios in their phones.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

HD Voice does not COUNT towards your data, but it does REQUIRE data to use.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Snn5 wrote:

HD Voice does not COUNT towards your data, but it does REQUIRE data to use.

Yeah and? Eventually all phones will require LTE to make calls. In a little over a year Verizon will be releasing phones that don't have CDMA in them at all.

0 Likes
totalkimbo82
Enthusiast - Level 2

My LG G2 has given up on living life after the update.  the phone keeps freezing.  Everytime there is a system update my phone has an adverse reaction that requires me to reset the handset.  This time I can't keep it unfrozen long enough to get into my settings.  Sometimes it will freeze with a black screen with only the home bottoms at the bottom showing.  Going to take it to Verizon today to try to get it fixed but I'm dreading them telling me that I have to pay for a new phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This has happened to me on each OTA update, except this one, go figure.  I have the phone replaced under warranty each time.  If you are under the one year warranty or have the extended warranty with Verizon this should be no problem to replace, in 2 days, and at no cost.  The store will do the same thing the reps would do online or on the phone if you called.  The store won't have a replacement, but you can certainly check with them to see if they can rectify the problem today rather than wait a few days.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

This may help. Of course the FDR will result in loss of data on your device.

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) LG G2 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Hopefully that will work, but my experience is that the updates change the recovery partition and corrupt during install or download.  Even if the OTA downloads and the checksums are correct, the installation can go through a non terminable error that wont produce a failed install error, but effect the system negatively nonetheless.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Quiet Mode is now sketchy.  Only one time before did I have a problem with this feature.  It was after the KitKat update.  Whether you have it set on auto or manually turn it on, it either doesn't come on or it doesn't go off.  Both mine and my girl's G2s have done this with the KK and she complained of it again the other day.  I thought nothing of it until I noticed mine doing the same.  I have mine set 10pm-6am Sun-Sat.  It has always been this way and never turned on or off or made any changes to the settings.

0 Likes