Come on Verizon
OneOleMan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Come on Verizon,release KitKat for the LG G2; all other major carriers have and many apps now require 4.4.

I like my phone but am tired of being treated at the ugly stepchild.

0 Likes
Re: Come on Verizon
ARorlando

It was released yesterday.  However, it's not Over The Air.  The size of the update is just over 2 GB, so I'm sure they're still trying to figure out if they'll do this over OTA (Wi-Fi or mobile data.)

Connect your LG G2 to your computer, via a USB cable, and run the SoftwareUpdater program.  It'll use your computer's internet connection to pull down the update.

0 Likes
OneOleMan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your response, looks like I complained at the right time LOL. ou’re right, it is a large file, I started the download at 9:30 AM and by 10:00 AM only 37% had downloaded so it was time to go for a walk. When I got back, at 11:30, the update had been downloaded now for the software to be updated which, according to the message, would take another 24 minutes. In the end all went well.

Again, thanks for your information and have a great weekend.

Pat & "The Gonz"

Life is good

Just Me February 28, 2014

0 Likes
ARorlando

"Squeaky wheel" and all that, I guess.  ha ha  If you're this powerful, I'd hate to make you mad.  🙂

It does make my G2 run a little smoother.  It's the 'lock screen' features where I notice the biggest functional difference for me.  Have fun.

0 Likes