Changed from iphone to Android. Cannot receive texts from certain people
JSSilverstein

Has anyone else traded in their iPhone for an Android device and had difficulty receiving text messages from others with iphones?

To date, I went onto itunes store and removed my iPhone as one of the devices. I also asked my friends to move my number from 'iPhone' to 'mobile' under my contact information but neither has changed the fact that I'm not receiving texts from them.

Advice?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changed from iphone to Android. Cannot receive texts from certain people
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Did you remove your phone number from your Apple ID?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5538

Unlink a phone number

To remove a phone number from an Apple ID, sign out of FaceTime and Messages on your iPhone:

• Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  • Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

This should remove your phone number from other devices using the same Apple ID with FaceTime and Messages. If the phone number is still available on other devices after you sign out of FaceTime and iMessage on the iPhone, you may need to sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all your devices, then sign in to FaceTime and Messages again on devices you want to use.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Did you remove your phone number from your Apple ID?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5538

Unlink a phone number

To remove a phone number from an Apple ID, sign out of FaceTime and Messages on your iPhone:

• Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  • Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

This should remove your phone number from other devices using the same Apple ID with FaceTime and Messages. If the phone number is still available on other devices after you sign out of FaceTime and iMessage on the iPhone, you may need to sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all your devices, then sign in to FaceTime and Messages again on devices you want to use.

0 Likes
JSSilverstein

yes i did that.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Call Apple to confirm that all of your iMessage info has been removed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JSSilverstein, nice try. However, let's try something else. Your family/friends that have iPhones will need to edit your contact information in thier devices. iPhone user mobile numbers are listed in the iPhone contact phone book as: 1-999-999-9999. It's imperative that the number 1 is removed. Your number should be reflected in their phone book as: 999-999-9999. Keep us posted. We're standing by to further assist you if needed.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JSSilverstein

The problem has been solved. Only when people both changed my number from iPhone to mobile and cancelled out the previous message they had with me were we able to text. A few of my friends remain hesitant because they will lose our previous conversations. Does anyone have suggestions for an app that can copy a text conversation and save it either in your notebook or in a document?

0 Likes