Can't send or receive texts on newly activated LG G2
Khyron85

I'm moving over from Sprint and had my number ported.  Had trouble activating last night and had to call support and have them do it.  Phone is great other then I can not send or receive texts EXCEPT from verizon.  I got a temp password and notification of password change when I logged into the website.  Anyway I called Sprint to make sure my account was closed and they said their system still showed the "port" was still in progress and could take as long as a few days.  Could this explain why I can't receive or send texts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send or receive texts on newly activated LG G2
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Khyron85 wrote:

I'm moving over from Sprint and had my number ported.... I called Sprint to make sure my account was closed and they said their system still showed the "port" was still in progress and could take as long as a few days.  Could this explain why I can't receive or send texts?

Yes - when porting from another carrier, it can take several days before all of the features of your account (texting, email, voicemail, etc) are fully functional.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Khyron85 wrote:

I'm moving over from Sprint and had my number ported.... I called Sprint to make sure my account was closed and they said their system still showed the "port" was still in progress and could take as long as a few days.  Could this explain why I can't receive or send texts?

Yes - when porting from another carrier, it can take several days before all of the features of your account (texting, email, voicemail, etc) are fully functional.

0 Likes
Khyron85

I suspected as much.  Will update when it starts working.  Thanks for the info! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
justinfi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually had this issue. Double check your contacts. Are there certain people you can send or receive texts from? I had this issue when I first got my G2 coming from an iPhone, if a contacts number is saved as +1800 it won't work. It has to be the 10 digit phone number saved in order for it to send.

For example, if John Smiths number is saved as +1555-555-5555 the texts will not send or receive. It needs to be saved as 555-555-5555.

Hope this works for you.

0 Likes