Can't Knock On, Black Screen on Call answer & Power Button Issues!
awyeagle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems many people are having an issue with the Knock On feature.  I am also; Knock On no longer works - I can Knock Off but not Knock On.  If I press the power button to turn the screen on it flashes on then goes black again - I have to press it about 4 times at just the right length of time for the screen to come on. I am also having an issue (started the same time) with the screen going black when I answer or make a call; makes checking voicemail impossible.  I turned on the "disconnect call when the power button is pressed" however that doesn't work - won't even reboot if I hold the power button on.  Needless to say this is also a HUGE issue.  I have did the "draw lines on Notebook" test and have no dead spots on my screen; I did the "turn Knock On off - reboot - turn Knock On on" and the other suggestions on this site with no results.

Now I have always loved LG products but I've only had this phone for 10 months and I'm NOT pleased with LG or Verizon at this point.

Verizon - what are you doing about this?

0 Likes
Re: Can't Knock On, Black Screen on Call answer & Power Button Issues!
Snn5
Legend

I have been reading and responding to issues for a long time now about the G2.  All of my advice and workarounds has lead to a few successes, but many more failures.  It's good that people come here to discuss these problems.  Verizon DOES read the comments and questions, even if they don't always answer.  The task is to get the Consumer, Verizon and LG on the same page.

awyeagle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too read tons about this all over this site (including your posts).  I posted myself to add fuel to the fire.  Fingers crossed I get one of the few "hey we sent you a message" notes that a few others have gotten.  I've never had a bad LG product so it's a Verizon issue for sure and they need to step up and take care of it ASAP!!!

0 Likes
jxing

Same problem, right after update. This is VERY annoying. I remembered this happened before, and the next update fixed it. Verizon, please help.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I can't speak for updates as I have never gotten a fix through one because I usually have a new phone by then, plus updates should work instead of just fix previous issues.  It's a tail-chasing act.

0 Likes
jxing

Any update on this issue? Still waiting...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This has been placed on the back burner until 5.0.  Doubtful any new support will come along till then.  LG is skipping 4.4.4 with the G3 rumored to receive 5.0 in Dec, though nothing has been made official.  5.0 should hit the G2 near March or slightly before given previous record. 

0 Likes
AMHMBL1998

It seems like this last update really screwed everything up with these phones!!  I have had nothing but problems since then.  When I call, they tell me they will call back after they look into it, but have yet to receive a call back.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

My suggestion is to either request a replacement now, or wait until 5.0 comes OTA.  Chances are you'll need another replacement then, but at least you'll have a working screen until then.  This is all assuming you have mobile protection and/or are under warranty still.

0 Likes