Can I turn off LG G2 updates?
nathantheguitarist

I recently got a replacement LG G2 after the kitkat update turned it into a horrible laggy battery draining phone. It came with jellybean on it but now I'm getting the constant bombarment to update it. Well I'm not going for that again... any way for me to get rid of the update package and turn off automatic updates ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I turn off LG G2 updates?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nathantheguitarist,

Welcome to the smartphone world! I do want to start off by saying that once a software update has been completed the devices are not able to go back to the old software. If you would like to turn off the updates for Google Play Store applications you can go into Play Store, Tap on the Three Lines on the bottom Right, Tap on Settings, and then you can uncheck Notifications. This should no longer pop up that there is apps or games that need to be updated.

When you stated that you are not getting any notification is this for Text messages and emails? When did these notifications stop coming through to your phone? Please provide me with more details. I hope to hear back from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nathantheguitarist

Now for some reason I'm not getting notifications for non-google apps. I'm new to "smart" phones...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nathantheguitarist,

Welcome to the smartphone world! I do want to start off by saying that once a software update has been completed the devices are not able to go back to the old software. If you would like to turn off the updates for Google Play Store applications you can go into Play Store, Tap on the Three Lines on the bottom Right, Tap on Settings, and then you can uncheck Notifications. This should no longer pop up that there is apps or games that need to be updated.

When you stated that you are not getting any notification is this for Text messages and emails? When did these notifications stop coming through to your phone? Please provide me with more details. I hope to hear back from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sorry but you are going to have to update the phone. My G2 works just fine after kitkat. battery last just as long if not longer. Try checking your settings after the update.

0 Likes