Bluetooth Issues After VoLTE Update
porkbutt

If there are any VW reps on here, see if you can find anything on this; my brother said he thought he saw something circling the internal documentation at Verizon Wireless but he can no longer find it.

After getting the recent updates to enable VoLTE and turning that feature on....I'm having constant bluetooth headset issues with phone calls.  It is only occurring with phone calls; listening to audio/video on the phone thru the bluetooth headset is just fine.  But when in a call, the phone is acting as if the headset isn't connected, but it is connected under the settings.  It then won't send the call audio to the headset.  Most of the time I don't know it is happening, because I'll answer the call and won't hear anybody respond from my headset and think no one is there.  Only until I get a call back from the caller do I realize this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Issues After VoLTE Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having bluetooth for safety, porkbutt. Have you tried turning the VoLTE off on the device and then testing the bluetooth? If not, please try. Also please remove the bluetooth connection and readd.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fifteenkey
Enthusiast - Level 3

My G2 Bluetooth is plagued with frequent "Unfortunately Bluetooth has stopped," especially when I try to pair to my new car. Very frustrating.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for messaging in, fifteenkey. Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing between your new car and your G2's bluetooth connection. Were you able to try the steps that Robin_D provided? Did this help at all?

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
fifteenkey
Enthusiast - Level 3

VoLTE was not on and I was having the problems. Last night I turned VoLTE on and tried pairing this morning... No go. Anytime my KG G2 searches for a bluetooth signal and finds one, it shuts down, and I get the message, "Unfortunately Bluetooth has stopped." I've tried to pair to my iPad 2 and get the same result.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this additional detail, fifteenkey. When you mention trying to pair your tablet, are you referring to pairing it to your car, or attempting to pair with your phone?

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
fifteenkey
Enthusiast - Level 3

After failing to pair my LG G2 with my car, I attempted to pair the phone with my iPad2. As soon as the phone detects Bluetooth while searching, it gives me the "Unfortunately Bluetooth has stopped."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clearing that up fifteenkey. Have you tried pairing the device to a headset. Are other devices able to pair to the car? What make and model vehicle? Try powering down then remove and reinsert the Sim card and retest.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fifteenkey
Enthusiast - Level 3

A hard reset fixed my problem. Make sure to do a full backup first! (I used Verizon cloud for stuff not automatically backed up by Google).

Also, I've had to do a hard reset each of the last 2 times my LG G2 has been updated by Verizon to rid it of problems. Why?

0 Likes
porkbutt

I turned the VoLTE off shortly after posting this original message.  Since doing so, I have not had the issue reoccur once.  So there's a problem with the VoLTE I would presume then, or specific to the phone model.

0 Likes