Battery Junk?
McKeeC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my G2 for almost 2 years now and while I've absolutely loved the thing the battery life has become horrendous. It will go from 100 to 50 in an hour without even using it. The max battery life according to the settings with a full charge is like 3 hours and it barely even lasts that. Before you ask I don't have a lot of apps running. A couple weather apps and music apps and Facebook but not just more. It never used to have an issue for the first year but the past few months have been bad. It not only has battery issues, a lot of the time it runs horribly slow. I have to restart it everyday or it will slow down to be unusable. Looking to upgrade to the G3 soon but didn't know if anyone else had this issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery Junk?
mama23dogs
Legend

2 Years is a pretty good life and about the terminal zone for many of the batteries.

SAmsung has removable backs, so I have a spare battery for my phone.   Purchased on Amazon for half the manufacturer price.   I tend to hold the old phones in case I need a back up, you might consider a new battery to tide you over and keep the phone for a spare.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

2 Years is a pretty good life and about the terminal zone for many of the batteries.

SAmsung has removable backs, so I have a spare battery for my phone.   Purchased on Amazon for half the manufacturer price.   I tend to hold the old phones in case I need a back up, you might consider a new battery to tide you over and keep the phone for a spare.

0 Likes
McKeeC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately it's an LG G2 and doesn't have a removable battery. I hear the G3 does though so I'm hoping I won't ever run into this issue with it

mama23dogs
Legend

Understood.  Having a user replaceable battery is one of my requirements.    I didn't know the G2 was not removable.

0 Likes
kathies

Hi McKeeC-

That sounds like my G2- along with other problems like loosing gps signal in middle of city and loosing apps on my home screen. For me it has been since the upload of the new op system Lollipop. The battery is the worst problem though. I would like to find a way to go back to b4 the 'upgrade' of software!!!

0 Likes