kitche

Messages and other software is not working since update. Anyone else see this

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After LG G2 update to 4.4 phone not working correctly
Snn5
Legend

This is where I would strongly suggest an FDR.  Seriously. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Nope mine works fine. Maybe you messed up on the install.

0 Likes
yellofello

I am having some problems too, like not being able to send MMS messages.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This is where I would strongly suggest an FDR.  Seriously. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kitche,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the update. But it concerns me that you are having issues with messages. What other services are not working correctly for you? What kind of issues are you having with messages? Are you not able to send or receive? Are you getting any kind of errors? Are you using the normal text message app or are you using a 3rd party text messaging application that was downloaded from Google Play Store? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gluflin

I also have all sorts of issues.  My battery only lasts maybe a couple of hours now, even with screen off.  It's very sluggish - though that seems to range from a little sluggish some or the time to almost completely unusable at others -- even with no other apps running.  Even doing the swipe gesture to access my phone can be very slow.  Phone is warm all the time unless powered off and not plugged in.  My daily weekday alarm didn't go off this morning.  It just silently reset for tomorrow.  I rely on my phone a lot but this upgrade has basically made it practically useless.    I've tried to find a way to either reload KitKat or backlevel using my PC, but can't find anything on the Verizon site other than on upgrading over the air.  This is extremely frustrating.  I've wasted almost half of my workday on trying to get my phone back to some level of usability.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yellofello,

Updates are supposed to make you love your phone more - not less! Lets see if we can get those messages back up and running! Have you tried what Snn5 already suggested and complete a factory data reset http://vz.to/1hhyPGe after backing up all the content on your phone?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gluflin

I'll give that a try and let you know.  Thanks.

0 Likes
gluflin

Ok.  That seriously sucked.  You can't really backup these things anymore.  I copied everything it let me to my hard drive, by my work email account is gone and so is just about everything else I had configured and set up the way I want it.

0 Likes
gluflin

For YelloFello.... My issues appear to have been resolved by a reset.  I've got a lot of reconfiguring to do yet, but, at least I can use my phone again.  You might want to try the same thing.

0 Likes