After 4.4.2 update Power button ends call whether selected or not
Snn5
Legend

I have an issue with the update.  The option in call features on JB said Power BUTTON Ends Call.  In KK it is supposed to say Power KEY Ends Call.  I noticed that no matter if I toggled that option on or off that the power button ends the call.  I called VZW who 3-way called LG.  LG said it was VZW responsibility since VZW signed off on the update.  LG wants to charge shipping to and from repair while VZW wants to send a replacement.  This is after diagnostics and resets have already been done.  One rep's supervisor has the LG with the same problem.  Several others did not have the issue, or were unaware to it as of yet.  If enough problems were reported of the same nature, LG would issue an update to fix bugs, but would still have to go through testing and then to VZW for testing, and that might be quite some time if at all.  I am holding off on returning it, hoping something fixes itself.  Otherwise I might still be stuck in a loop of return, replace, update, errors, repeat.

0 Likes
Re: After 4.4.2 update Power button ends call whether selected or not
Snn5
Legend

Maybe someone can try to duplicate my problem.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Discussion of moderation removed as required by the

Completely stock. Tried reset within Android and via Boot mode. Also found that for whatever reason, LG has a different set of drivers for the white model. Not that it helped now. Also tried FW Update via download mode (powered off, hold vol up and plug in cable)After KK update Power Button ends Call no matter selected or not-capture.jpgwhere computer finally recognized phone but failed authentication.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Finally fixed my issue.  First install of OTA KK failed at some point during install, even though it said successful.  I got a replacement device and charged to 100%, reset, then downloaded OTA again, reset, and now I'm good.  You cant FDR are bad install.  You have to start fresh.

0 Likes