soft pause
hutch14
Enthusiast - Level 1

how do I add a soft pause to my voicemail number so that I don't have to dial the password each time I access the voicemail box?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
SOLVED soft pause for Kin2m
hutch14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Settings - Phone - VM #

*86,,password#

this works, it seems that for the Kin2m the soft pause is the comma and you need at least 2 of them for this to work

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: soft pause
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm not sure if it works the same on a KIN as it does on other phones, but when I am entering my VM # in my contact list, after the *86, you can go to options, and choose 2 sec pause, which I believe puts a P into the dialing sequence, then enter your password.

It will dial your VM, and pause, long enough for the voice to say "Please enter..." then it will dial your PW, and you are in.

HTH,
0 Likes
SOLVED soft pause for Kin2m
hutch14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Settings - Phone - VM #

*86,,password#

this works, it seems that for the Kin2m the soft pause is the comma and you need at least 2 of them for this to work

0 Likes
Re: SOLVED soft pause for Kin2m
GreenMermaid

Awesome -- it works!  And I had just asked a Verizon rep on the phone how to get around entering in the password each time and they said, "That's not possible on this device." 

Thank you for this perfect work around.

0 Likes
Re: SOLVED soft pause for Kin2m
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

hutch14 wrote:

Settings - Phone - VM #

*86,,password#

this works,it seems that for the Kin2m the soft pause is the comma and you need at least 2 of them for this to work

Interesting - thanks for the info, hutch!

0 Likes