Online vs in-store purchasing
mcsix

Me and my family are about to upgrade phones, I am looking at the KIN Twom while other family members are considering other phones. I saw that in some cases online purchases have an instate rather than mail-in rebate. Is this true of the KIN Twom? Slash does it apply to all phones and is there any indication in the phone description online?

0 Likes
Re: Online vs in-store purchasing
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about, but what i do know is i bought my Kin Twom in-stores. They won't have it out in the 'show-room', but they should have them in the back storage, all you have to do is ask them. I like being able to feel the phone, and play around with it before buying, after all, its going to stick with you for 2 years so you better like what you're buying. They did pull out a test model for me, although they had to charge it up for about 15 min before i could play around with it. Cost-wise, i did not have to fill out rebate forms. I believe this one is simply a discounted price, to $50 at-purchase, but i used the New Every Two deal to purchase it for free. One thing i do remember, with my old phone, is that when i went in to service it, they would not do it in-stores, because i bought that one online. Something to do with different warehouse origins, etc, internal limitations that directly led to customer limitations. I like customer support, and being able to talk to someone, so thats why i wanted to buy this in-stores. My assumptions are that this phone is only being sold in actual verizon stores, not mini resellers. And  just make sure you are specific in what you are asking for, because many reps do not even know the phone exists (at least 2 weeks ago it was the case). As long as you sound like you know what you are talking about, the rep will feel obligated to ask their manager for more information, without a whole fiasco of 'forged' information (yes, they are salesmen, they aren't going to say 'i don't know' like they should).

0 Likes
mcsix

Thank you so much for that response! Sorry for the vague question, but you answered perfectly and even included additional support for in-store purchasing.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

It doesn't appear there is a rebate on the Kin Twom, so there really is no benefit to ordering online vs. purchasing in a store. It'll be $50 on a two-year contract either way.

It's definitely helpful to try it out in a store first. But even if you do order online, you will still get great service in a Verizon store. I've always been impressed by the fact that I can stop in a store with any problems, even on an old Alltel phone I had, and the reps are always helpful. 

0 Likes
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

I went to two different Verizon stores a week ago looking for the Kin Two, and neither of them knew what I was talking about. One was an autorized dealer, and I believe the other was not.  If you buy a phone online at Verizon, the $50 new every two rebate is instant, whereas in a store, I've always had to mail in the rebate form.  I've also sometimes found prices on the website to be better than in the stores so I always check prices in the store and online.  I'd prefer buying in a local store, but

if it's definitely a better deal online, I'll buy online.

Pam

0 Likes
amsa5j

I read that online purchases only, within 30 days of December 17th (Kin twoM was offered free) will be credited the $50 charge - anyone have luck with this?  Calling customer service is a joke, 3 phone calls, almot 2 1/2 hrs on the phone and I still don't have an answer. 

They really have this covered, if you don't like your phone then it's $35 to send it back. 

Can anyone tell me the customer support email addy?  That seems to be an endless loop.  No online chat?

Over the phone support is painfull and it seems like they do that on purpose as a stall tactic to get you to hang up.  Supervisor was promised to call back and never did.

I think i'll buy at the store next time, at least I've got someplace to go.   None of my other upgrades have been this much trouble.

I've been with VZW for 12 years and never been so un-able to get help.....

0 Likes