Kin Twom problem
llamaboy88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I've had a Kin Twom for a little over 2 months now and it is starting to get really glitchy and turn off whenever it wants. When I turn it on, 60% of the time, right when i slide it up to use it it just turns off. I can not see spending extra money for another phone since the warranty is up on this one. Please let me know some alternatives are for I could not see being able to put up with this phone for two years.

I am very disappointed with this phone's malfunctions.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin Twom problem
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

llamaboy88, I'm sorry the steps for the factory reset did not work. Now that you have performed a factory reset and continue to have the same issues, we may have to review your account for replacement options. If your phone is under its one-year manufactures warranty, it can be replaced with a certified like new device of the same model. Your device can not have any physical or water damage to qualify. You can send me a private message with your name and phone number for assistance. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

llamaboy88, I know dealing with a device that reboots is very frustrating. At this time, we do not have a permanent fix for the power cycling but a factory reset may resolve this issue temporarily. The Factory Reset process will set the preference settings to factory default and all user data and contacts will be erased. I will list the steps below and if you continue to have this issue, we may need to perform further trouble-shooting because this is an isolated issue and have not been reported as a known issue. 

1. From the Home screen, select Settings.

2. Select About Your Phone.

3. Select erase phone data.

4. Select ok.

0 Likes
llamaboy88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried that and put in all my contacts again, and its doing the same thing (turning off randomly). Not sure what to do now.

0 Likes
macbookbubba
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this problem too. How much does it turn off for you? Like you, it usually happens when I slide the keyboard open.

llamaboy88
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens 60% of the time i turn it on. Like, I'll turn it on and then when i go to type my pin/password it shuts right off.

macbookbubba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, it sometimes does that for me. I would say, however, it mostly happens to me when I slide the keyboard out.

llamaboy88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah it just gets really annoying when your trying to txt someone back or when you need to call someone.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

llamaboy88, I'm sorry the steps for the factory reset did not work. Now that you have performed a factory reset and continue to have the same issues, we may have to review your account for replacement options. If your phone is under its one-year manufactures warranty, it can be replaced with a certified like new device of the same model. Your device can not have any physical or water damage to qualify. You can send me a private message with your name and phone number for assistance. 

0 Likes
bowl300
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can this be an "isolated" issue and not a known issue?  I've seen at least 50 people post with this same problem.  The 800 number said it could be the battery...but I know that is not the case as I just put a new one in and have the same problem.  I am not prepared to delete all my data, that is ridiculous to ask that of someone when most people probably have over 200 numbers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand your reservations about completing a master reset, bowl300! However, in many situations it resolves what's ailing the phone. How do you currently backup your contacts? ^CM

0 Likes