Kin One M - You tube playback
hflah75

Hi all, I am hoping you can help us. My daughter loves her Kin Onem, especially when the phone will play you tube vids. It had been playing them fine until recently. Now it will play one video, and then will not play any more unless she reboots her phone completely. Then again only the first vid will play and then an error message comes up.'Playback problem, can't play this video on phone'

Any suggestions? We have already tried clearing the history, cookies and temp.files.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin One M - You tube playback
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Dwt966,

The KIN OneM cannot download Flash, or any other plugins, apps, etc. It also cannot open certain sites that require 'pop-ups', so this may be the reason the device can play some videos and not others. As far as certain sites working and others not, that is fully dependent on the site, not the phone, for the reasons above.

I would recommend visiting the mobile site for Youtube, m.youtube.com , to see if  you can play the videos in succession from there. 

Please post back with your results. 

Thank you, 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dwt1966

Same problem here I think it the format of the vids. is the problem...Im looking but if you find it out please let me know..

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Dwt966,

The KIN OneM cannot download Flash, or any other plugins, apps, etc. It also cannot open certain sites that require 'pop-ups', so this may be the reason the device can play some videos and not others. As far as certain sites working and others not, that is fully dependent on the site, not the phone, for the reasons above.

I would recommend visiting the mobile site for Youtube, m.youtube.com , to see if  you can play the videos in succession from there. 

Please post back with your results. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes