KIN ONEm Help!?!
batesm

At the moment I am looking for support answers to my questions before i go ahead and use my free upgrade to get the KIN ONEm.

1. Does the phone support a navigation program like vz navigator? or any other navigation program?

2. Does it have a calendar?

3. How do i get access to Zune on the phone?

4. What apps are currently available to the KIN ONEm?

Basically i'm curious to know what the phone provides and what we can do with the phone as opposed to what is minimally shown to use on the Verizon website of its included features and programs.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: KIN ONEm Help!?!
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Right now there are no additional apps available for the Kin, and it doesn't support Navigator. I don't know whether there will be any future support or software updates. As another poster said, maybe this will sell well as a feature phone and things will change, but Microsoft is focusing on Windows 7 phones right now.

I also wanted to add something about Zune. While you can download the software and manage your own music and photos with it, if you want access to the unlimited music in Zune Marketplace, you will have to subscribe for $15/month. With this, you can keep 10 songs a month. If your subscription lapses, the songs you download disappear (except for the 10 songs a month you can keep). $15/month might be reasonable for someone who's not paying for data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
profeicy

1. Does the phone support a navigation program like vz navigator? or any other navigation program?

2. Does it have a calendar?

3. How do i get access to Zune on the phone?

4. What apps are currently available to the KIN ONEm?

1. no the phone does not support  navigation

2. yes it has a calender

3. you have to download the Zune software  on a windows vista or 7 pc

4. none from what i see

0 Likes
batesm

Is there a way to download apps on the web? say for like navagation? even though it does not support the vz navigator? will it ever support the vz navigator? will it ever have apps?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Right now there are no additional apps available for the Kin, and it doesn't support Navigator. I don't know whether there will be any future support or software updates. As another poster said, maybe this will sell well as a feature phone and things will change, but Microsoft is focusing on Windows 7 phones right now.

I also wanted to add something about Zune. While you can download the software and manage your own music and photos with it, if you want access to the unlimited music in Zune Marketplace, you will have to subscribe for $15/month. With this, you can keep 10 songs a month. If your subscription lapses, the songs you download disappear (except for the 10 songs a month you can keep). $15/month might be reasonable for someone who's not paying for data.

0 Likes
batesm

so in all reality until the KIN ONEm supports a navigator it is not really worth upgrading my phone to it at all. that is the only thing stoping me from buying this phone as i use it for everywhere i go. and would be lost without it. i'm too afraid to get a tomtom lol dont want anyone to steal it outta my car haha.

0 Likes
BuyersRemorse

In reality you should skip right by it.  It sounds good in theory but it seems like they never field tested it or worked the bugs out.  It's designed for teenage girls to text each other and send pictures to boys but don't count on it for any serious communications needs.  Wifi only supports outdated wireless g internet so it is already obsolete.

0 Likes