Re: Importing contacts from old phone to a new kin
dmellor

What was the filed named when you found it on "My Computer," where was it located, and what was the file extension?  thnx

0 Likes
heckflosse

I went into the Verizon store yesterday and they were unable to import my 650 phone numbers using the methods described here. They told me (and I verified later) that the "Import Contacts" button was greyed out.

On another note, I was comfortable with the Microsoft Live.com option, but when I log into that site with my phone, I don't have the option to import the contact. I only have the ability to call the numbers... the link (http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/transfer_contacts/kin.html) describes logging into the KIN service, but I'm not sure what they're referring to. If anyone knows what is meant by that please let me know.

Oh... I LOVE this phone BTW!

0 Likes
Berkid

I have the same problem. I successfully created and imported my contacts into a new windows live account, and can log into it thru the browser on my new KinOnem, but I only have a "call" option by each contact.  Do the other people who have done this succesfully use the windows account for the onboard e-mail app as well? maybe that would be a difference. In any case, sounds like there has been some success just running by the local verizon store. probably should just do that.

0 Likes
Berkid

mmm...just tried synching the windows live account to the e-mail app.  didn't help.

0 Likes
mcdietz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, but that method only works if you have the original KIN one or two and does not work for the more recent "m" models.  As of now the only way to transfer contacts on the "m" models is to go to a verizon store and have them transfer the contacts.

0 Likes
mcdietz
Enthusiast - Level 3

@dmellor

The file that I found in my computer was found only after doing the registry tweak outlined on the XDA forums.

The file was called "contacts_export".

After doing the registry tweak and opening My Computer you should your Kin device labeled with the name that you gave it in Zune.  Double click that icon and then double click the next icon that appears, i don't remember the name exactly.  This folder should contain 3 or 4 other folders such as artists, albums, pictures, etc.  This was also the folder in which the contacts file should appear.

0 Likes