Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Double Entries In Address Book
dsonyay

When Verizon tranferred my contact to my Kin 2M , many of them were double entries. I had to manually go in and delete the duplicates.  Anyone else have this happen?  I thought maybe each of the dupes had something different for each instance but they were not.

Looked to happen again after I went through all the contacts and restarted my phone later on.

0 Likes
Re: Double Entries In Address Book
KenH

I had the same thing happen. They said the battery was very low and they had to charge it for a few minutes before they could finish programming the phone. I think the battery died halfway through the programming process and the contacts were duplicated when they programmed it again after charging. I manually deleted the dupes and haven't had a problem since.

0 Likes
dsonyay

may have been the same for me.

I'm on day 2 with my Kin2M.  I like it a lot but kinda miss the BB Curve I had :smileyhappy:  I was tired of paying the 19.99 data fee.  I need to save money for now.

I like this phone-- web browser is much better than my curve, and for a "feature phone" it's got a lot going for it.

I'm not sure I like the slide out keyboard.  I was so used to testing the one hand, when needed, that this will take time to adjust to.

I DO NOT like how the volume can be adjusted after locking the phone-  Hopefully a patch witt be available to update that. 

I took no chances and turned off the phone in church :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor

This happened to me with some entries..sort of. I bought the phone before verizon was able to transfer contacts in-store, and entered some in by hand before hearing of the news. When i went into the verizon store and they managed to transfer contacts, the ones that i already entered weren't replaced, but rather were just added a duplicate contact. Thats it though, the transfer process itself did not add any duplicates.

0 Likes