connecting hotspot to a home network
Elchaco

I have a wireless router that all my devices are connected to ( Printer, PC's,iPhone) , how can I connect the router to the hotspot to access the internet

0 Likes
Re: connecting hotspot to a home network
mama23dogs
Legend

That would require and Ethernet Cable

But What is the point?   A wireless hotspot provides the same service as a Wifi router.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You need to "wirelessly bridge" the Jetpack/Hotspot together with the home router to leverage the VZW device as a traditional cable modem.  Your current home router would then continue to function as the central and main network for your personal devices.

There are many guides out there that can walk you through this process.  However you need to have a home router that can facilitate a wireless bridging feature to proceed.  If not then some times you can download and install custom firmware on your home router to unlock such a feature.  Without wireless bridging there is no convenient way to get the Jetpack/Hotspot and the home router to talk to each other.

If you would like more assistance then please confirm the home router model and the Verizon device you are interested in connecting.  We can check manuals with you to see if they support the necessary features or not.  Otherwise you can work with your home router manufacturer for guides to this process.  The VZW device will not care about whatever is going on with the home router, all the VZW device will see is another wirelessly connected device.  All the configuration tasks for this scenario lie on the home router.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elchaco, having access when you need it is always crucial. To ensure that we have details, which hot spot and which router do you have? Are you attempting to provide the JetPack data to the home router?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CiceroAndMichelle

Hey there, I have the same question. My router is a Netgear Nighthawk x6s. I have a work computer that I have to connect directly to a router to work from home. Would that be possible? 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes