Will My Mobile Hot Spot Activate Without Warning?
LEJOUG71

I am trying to dispute a charge on my bill for the mobile hot spot.  The 30.00 charge has been on my sons phone for the last 18 months.  My question: If I activate the MHS on my phone right now will it give a warning or just start charging me the 30.00  I am afraid to test it

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: warning when mobile hot spot is activated
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You must be on the older, legacy Nationwide plan - newer plans include the hotspot and it's a $30 charge on the older plans with unlimited data.  Most likely, trying to activate the hotspot will result in a dialogue stating that it is not a feature, would you like to add it?

The newer plans include the hotspot  and data used via the hotspot is part of your plan shared data.  If you do not have a shared data plan, the hotspot is extra and costs $30/month.

View solution in original post

Re: warning when mobile hot spot is activated
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You must be on the older, legacy Nationwide plan - newer plans include the hotspot and it's a $30 charge on the older plans with unlimited data.  Most likely, trying to activate the hotspot will result in a dialogue stating that it is not a feature, would you like to add it?

The newer plans include the hotspot  and data used via the hotspot is part of your plan shared data.  If you do not have a shared data plan, the hotspot is extra and costs $30/month.