Why has my battery pack swollen and popped off the cover?
USNretired

Jetpack battery swollen and popped off the cover

0 Likes
Re: Why has my battery pack swollen and popped off the cover?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The battery is failing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes! Having a swollen battery on a jetpack is very concerning, USNretired. I will be more than happy to go through some steps to ensure that this is resolved for you. I was able to send you a private message. Please feel free to respond at your earliest convenience.

Brett_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
steve42262
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why would you private message an answer to a problem that other people might be having?  How about anwering it so the rest of us having the same problem know what to do?

endoped
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was wondering the same thing...typical verzion support. 

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very concering to hear, we would recommend that you bring the device in store as soon as possible to have the device reviwed. Do you know where the nearest location is? GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@endoped wrote:

I was wondering the same thing...typical verzion support. 

This forum isn't for cusotmer service. it's cusomer to cusotmer fourm. You want custoemrs service ther is number for that. Also not really a Verizon issue. If your battery is swollen it needs to be replaced. battry get old go bad. Also improper charging by using cheap off brand charger or cords or just leaving it charged over night or wiaiting until 0 to charge then charging to 100

0 Likes
lajobes
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Jetpack is swollen. I have had it 2 years as a backup when my satillite is out, thus it is used and charged rarely! Trying to use it today and keep having to reboot is to keep a signal - boo hoo!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lajobes, having connectivity and battery issues on my Jetpack is very concerning to me especially how much I rely on my data. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me what type of charger are you using? Also, confirm for me the make and model of the Jetpack you are using?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Sybrash
Enthusiast - Level 1

Take it to a store and "have it reviewed" just so your store personnel can admonish people and tell them that the battery isn't covered under warranty?  If you know it's not covered and that the store can not/will not sell a replacement battery, why waste people's time in advising them to go to a store?  That's asinine and poor customer service.

0 Likes