Why doesn't my jetpack start automatically?
kbpair

I purchased this hotspot to run in a greenhouse. There are several sensors sending data via the hotspot. If the power goes out and the hotspot battery dies, when power is restored the hotspot does not automatically restart. I must manually press the power button on the hotspot. Of course if I am not there then no data can be sent.

Is there any way to fix this or is there a different device that does this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: mifi5510L does not automatically start when powered on. I must press the button. Is there any way to have it start automatically?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Autostart is a limitation of all Jetpacks as far as I am aware. 

What may work better is a device that is intended for a 24x7 connection like the 4G LTE router, USB Modem+CradlePoint, Router or LTE Internet Installed.  These devices are configured to autoconnect when powered on or the software they use can be configured to autoconnect.

View solution in original post

Re: mifi5510L does not automatically start when powered on. I must press the button. Is there any way to have it start automatically?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Autostart is a limitation of all Jetpacks as far as I am aware. 

What may work better is a device that is intended for a 24x7 connection like the 4G LTE router, USB Modem+CradlePoint, Router or LTE Internet Installed.  These devices are configured to autoconnect when powered on or the software they use can be configured to autoconnect.

Ssmith60
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where can you get a 4G LTE router. Verizon used to have them but not anymore to my knowledge 

Tags (1)
0 Likes