Why does my Jetpack need to be rebooted every week?
71rrnut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Jetpack 5510 at my lake cabin that runs my Nest thermostat and Belkin Cam. It needs rebooting every week to keep the Nest and Cam online. Is this normal? Can I reboot it remotely? Is there a better device than the Jetpack to provide wireless at the cabin? There is no other service or land line at the cabin.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Jetpack needs rebooting every week.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate the additional details 71rrnut,

Wireless devices are designed to shut off after a certain amount of inactivity. This setting can be adjusted. You can switch this to "never" by following these steps: http://vz.to/1iYrRM3

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure you fully enjoy your Jetpack 71rrnut! Are you having difficulties with the internet connection itself on the device? When you state rebooting, do you mean powering the device off and on? We recommend this once a day for maintenance. I'm sorry our control is limited with additional third party device connections.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
71rrnut
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sirs,

When I bought the Jetpack at a Verizon store they assured me for my cabin installation it would work. That means several weeks may pass without me being there. How can I reboot it if I am not there? The salesman said he too has a cabin and it works for him. The whole point is remote capability. If this is the wrong device for continuous wireless then I need a device that will stay on 24/7/365. Please respond to

Mike

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate the additional details 71rrnut,

Wireless devices are designed to shut off after a certain amount of inactivity. This setting can be adjusted. You can switch this to "never" by following these steps: http://vz.to/1iYrRM3

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bigchief20

This link brings up a 404 error because I'm encountering the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your device and service concerns are our concerns too. Just to be sure we're on the right path to assist you, we've noted your reference to viewing a 404 error message when you're attempting to access a link. Are you experiencing issues with your Jetpack device rebooting too? If so, what's its make/model? RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
WilliamRene
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 404 error is in VZW MelissaM's reply. The help link she provided is broken. 

I'd also like to know if a JetPack can be remotely rebooted. Mine is offline now too. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! The Jetpack does not have the ability to remotely reboot it at this time. AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes