Why can't my Lenovo Ideapad 700 (Windows 10) connect to my Verizon Jetpack MHS291L?
woodiegreenlight

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this but I really need help with this.

My Ideapad 700 laptop connects to my home WiFi router as well as the one I have at school, and I haven't had a problem like this with any other connection on this laptop.

PROBLEM: When I turn on my Jetpack, it shows the SSID on my WiFi networks list, however when I try to connect to it, it just says "checking network requirements" indefinitely and doesn't change. (Note: it doesn't even ask for the password, and this network is not a saved network so it's not like I have the password saved or anything, it just doesn't even ask for it)

No other device has had trouble connecting to this Jetpack in the past, including my last laptop. I've never had a Lenovo laptop before this so if it's a Lenovo-specific problem i'd be happy  to post this elsewhere.

If I could get any help I'd really appreciate it and i'm happy to provide any other information you may need, Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't my Lenovo Ideapad 700 (Windows 10) connect to my Verizon Jetpack MHS291L?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The OP in the other thread shared this nugget of info with us:

"I am able to manually configure Windows 10 to connect with the MHS291L, but not automatically."  So instead of automatically connecting to the Jetpack try to setup a manual wireless profile.  Once the profile is configured to match the specs of the Jetpack then try a connection again.

Confirm for us if this work around works or not.  We can put together some steps if you get stuck anywhere.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why can't my Lenovo Ideapad 700 (Windows 10) connect to my Verizon Jetpack MHS291L?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> When I turn on my Jetpack, it shows the SSID on my WiFi networks list, however when I try to connect to it, it just says "checking network requirements" indefinitely and doesn't change

Interesting.  Someone else posted a similar problem to the "Checking network requirements" message recently.  I would start with the basic resets on the Jetpack.  Start with a simple reboot and if that doesn't work then reset the defaults with the button under the back panel of the Jetpack.

If resets to the Jetpack do not work then test its WiFi connection with a 2nd device and confirm if anything can connect to it.  VZW shouldn't be pushing out firmware updates automatically over the air anymore.  If they did for this new model then perhaps something did not update correctly which may have bricked the device.  Firmware updates should be reported direct to VZW for warranty replacement options.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Here is a link to the other thread I saw recently:

Unable to connect to MHS291L with Windows 10

This appears to be a different jetpack model than the one you posted.  Hopefully its a coincidence and not related.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Ah never mind, that thread is for the same model and OS as the one you reported here.  Perhaps there are some shenanigans afoot!  It could be a Win10 update now that we know the OSs are related.

0 Likes
woodiegreenlight

Yeah, looks like i'm in the same position as that other guy. Tried the resets, which didn't work, and was able to connect to it on my phone so I guess its just this instance of Windows 10 and this model of Jetpack.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Woodiegreenlight, thanks for your patience. We know it has to be frustrating for the Jetpack won't connect to the WiFi. Have you tired to reset the Jetpack yet? If so, did you see any improvement?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The OP in the other thread shared this nugget of info with us:

"I am able to manually configure Windows 10 to connect with the MHS291L, but not automatically."  So instead of automatically connecting to the Jetpack try to setup a manual wireless profile.  Once the profile is configured to match the specs of the Jetpack then try a connection again.

Confirm for us if this work around works or not.  We can put together some steps if you get stuck anywhere.

0 Likes
CDBALAZS

I've started to have this issue as well.  I have a Lenovo Yoga 11S running Windows 10 and I never used to have issues connecting to my Jetpack (MHS291LVW).  I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 and found that I could no longer connect to my Jetpack.  After finding these discussions, I was able to connect to the Jetpack by creating the connection manually.  Using the manually created connection, it is now working fine.

I don't know if this is an issue caused by a recent Windows update or something else, because as I said it worked fine for me with Windows 10 prior to doing the clean install.

0 Likes
woodiegreenlight

This worked for me! I just turned off broadcasting the SSID and connected manually and now I'm connected. Thanks a lot for the help, this is great.

0 Likes