Why can't I log in to my Mi-Fi Settings webpage after an update?
MotoDroid2Usr
Enthusiast - Level 3

The admin password is still the same, but when I click on the Login button on vz.hotspot/index.html, nothing happens, not even an error message. I've tried Firefox 25.0.1 and Opera 15. I also popped the device's battery.

I've thought of doing a factory reset, thus setting it back to the default passwords, but my concern is I still won't be able to login and then I'll be stuck with the default passwords.

Any ideas or am I forced to wait for VZW to patch the patch?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't login into Mifi Settings webpage after update
MotoDroid2Usr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, the problem turned out to be a ton of malware infesting my computer. After a good MBAM cleaning and a reboot, I was able to access the page again. I guess the new firmware has some security thing that prevents infested computers from accessing the device's settings. I found out that was the problem when I was able to access it via an old Win Vista laptop I have lying around.

Go figure!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MotoDroid2Usr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Video of the problem.

0 Likes
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

Try removing the SIM/battery and starting without the SIM, then when powered up, remove battery place SIM back in and power up and/or remove SIM for 30 minutes then replace and power up.  It's worth a shot.

0 Likes
MotoDroid2Usr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, the problem turned out to be a ton of malware infesting my computer. After a good MBAM cleaning and a reboot, I was able to access the page again. I guess the new firmware has some security thing that prevents infested computers from accessing the device's settings. I found out that was the problem when I was able to access it via an old Win Vista laptop I have lying around.

Go figure!!!!

0 Likes