What should I do if I want to sell a used Mi-fi 4510L?
diegoenfuego

My work provided me with a Verizon Mifi 4510L. It was set up (user name/password) by our network administrator. We recently upgraded and our administrator told us he didn't want the Mifi unit back so I was considering selling it on Ebay. If I do so what should and/or shouldn't I do? Should I change the password, deactivate it...etc? I know the unit still works with my SIM card in it so I was going to remove that if I sell it. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm selling a used Mifi 4510L and have a few questions
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I would suggest performing a level 3 reset on your MiFi to restore the defaults.  All you need is a paper clip and the reset button underneath the back cover.  A custom password is not going to help the new user anyways.

You definitly do not want to include your SIM card unless you want to pay the bill for whoever purchases your device.  The next person can register for thier own new SIM card under thier own account.

Other than that you should be fine.  Just make sure you do not register it with VZW as lost/stolen and the new user should be able to use it without too much trouble.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I'm selling a used Mifi 4510L and have a few questions
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I would suggest performing a level 3 reset on your MiFi to restore the defaults.  All you need is a paper clip and the reset button underneath the back cover.  A custom password is not going to help the new user anyways.

You definitly do not want to include your SIM card unless you want to pay the bill for whoever purchases your device.  The next person can register for thier own new SIM card under thier own account.

Other than that you should be fine.  Just make sure you do not register it with VZW as lost/stolen and the new user should be able to use it without too much trouble.

0 Likes