Updates for the KRACK WPA2 exploit?
Kellian

Is there an update going to be released for this issue? Currently there is an WPA2 exploit that is killing WiFi security. I have already received an update on my iPhone and my Netgear router for this. Why is there no update for ALL Jetpacks? I just checked for an update on my 5510L and there is no update yet, why?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Updates for the KRACK WPA2 exploit?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I am aware of the recent WPA2 issues but have not heard or seen any updates from Verizon or the Jetpack manufacturers to resolve the problem yet.

Give it some time.  Phone and router manufacturers are going to be able to move quicker on this one than the mobile broadband only devices.  A problem as large as this needs to be addressed by each hardware manufacturer for each device that they currently support.  I'd imagine the currently supported newest devices will get patches first.  Some legacy models may not get a patch at all or not for a long time.

Besides, Verizon doesn't create the firmware updates, they only deliver them to the devices over the network.  If you really want an answer you will have to contact your device manufacturer for more details.  Chances are they have something posted somewhere to address your concern.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Updates for the KRACK WPA2 exploit?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I am aware of the recent WPA2 issues but have not heard or seen any updates from Verizon or the Jetpack manufacturers to resolve the problem yet.

Give it some time.  Phone and router manufacturers are going to be able to move quicker on this one than the mobile broadband only devices.  A problem as large as this needs to be addressed by each hardware manufacturer for each device that they currently support.  I'd imagine the currently supported newest devices will get patches first.  Some legacy models may not get a patch at all or not for a long time.

Besides, Verizon doesn't create the firmware updates, they only deliver them to the devices over the network.  If you really want an answer you will have to contact your device manufacturer for more details.  Chances are they have something posted somewhere to address your concern.

0 Likes