Substantially slow MiFi speeds
Thatjenchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

We upgraded to the Unlimited Plan in March, and also purchased a jetpack for MiFi at home. We live in a very rural area and this is our only source of internet. We had no issues in March or April, but then last month got the text/email notices that we've reached the 10G mark and would experience slower speeds. We well exceeded 10G in the previous months (by a LOT) with no slowdown. I've called Verizon and was told they were working on a fix for this. Same goes for my brother and parents: same slowdown, same results upon calling Verizon. Now I'm reading Verizon always intended the 10G at high-speed and then slowing down the service afterward. I was given NO warning about this happening upon purchase of the jetpack. I was told it'd be unlimited 4G, no issues. Suddenly it seems like Verizon decided to backtrack and pull a switcheroo on their customers. I am highly disappointed in how this was done, and how it's being handled. To go back after the fact and say "oh that's how we meant for it to happen anyways" is highly unprofessional and unfair to your paying customers.

Re: Substantially slow MiFi speeds
MELTABOMB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue and I am really disappointed that they could be fine one day and stopped service the next with the only answer being, well that is the way it is, I do not understand nor like the way I am being treated about this issue.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was in the original press release. Get unlimited data on the network you deserve: Verizon | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Thatjenchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, there's a bit in the original press release about the slower speeds after using 10g, but that that was for mobile hot spots, not jet packs. I asked when I made the jet pack purchase and was told "the 10g limit is only if a phone on your plan is used as a hot spot. It doesn't apply to jet packs." Now, suddenly, a phone number is applied to my jet pack, so it can be treated as if I were using a phone as a hot spot. This is classically known as "bait and switch." I was expecting slower speeds at peak times, but the speeds I'm getting after day 2 of the billing cycle are ridiculously slow. Like, 1997 dial-up AOL slow. This is not what was advertised, not what was promised, not what I expected.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The basic function of a jetpack is creating mobile hotspot.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Thatjenchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm aware of that. This is why I asked the salesperson if the 10G high-speed cutoff applied to the jetpack. I was assured that, no, it is just  using phones as hot spots. AND, when I called customer service about the 10G notification that I received, she said it's for when you use 10G on a hot spot. I told her that we only use a jet pack; we have no reason to use a phone as a hot spot, and she said the message must have been sent in error, leading me to believe that the 10G slowdown was not initially intended for jetpacks. I feel like there's an awful lot of misleading going on here, on Verizon's behalf.

0 Likes
UsedAndAbused
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same sh*t happened to me! Talked to 2 different representatives one I called and one was a live chat. I specifically asked about the jetpack vs the phone hotspot and they told me it was considered a phone so after 25gb it would slow during peak hours. Then I went and talked to a representative in person and they told me the same.

First month everything was great then the next month I had a text before I woke on day one saying my 10gb limit was used up! Then it's so slow I can take a shower and the VZW webpage hasn't even finished loading, smh.

Lies and more lies

2 days before Christmas a VZW representative sold me a one day unlimited 4g jetpack pass that doesn't even exist!  I can go on for days on how many times they've lied to me.

Nothing else works out here in the country so I just have to deal with these Yahoos

Swimfan1984
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately that’s common practice with Verizon. Tell you anything that you need to hear in order to sell you something that’s not going to work. I’ve even had my smart phones battery give out after owning it for one month and when I contacted customer service and they told me that they didn’t sell that phone anymore so they didn’t have to replace it. I went on their website and sure enough there it was for sale. I contacted them again, and was out right called a liar. So I busted out the screenshots from the chat. Then it was called a misunderstanding. 

Or the time they sold me a phone that  couldn’t be activated. I spent 16 straight hours on the phone with customer service before being told ,” we got you bro, we won. You’re just wasting your time. “

After paying for one year service and for a smart phone, that I never once got to use Since my home in the middle of a metropolitan area seems to be a dead zone. .... my folks insisted that I have a telephone. I refused. They insisted. So now they pay for an iPhone 6s that doesn’t get reception and they still can’t call me. 

Best I can tell you is just get used to it. Anything told to you in a store or by customer service is as likely ally as not. Never once have I walked into a Verizon wireless store and not been lied to. Like blatant out right lies. This last time I called the employee a liar, so I was asked to leave the store. I  I recorded the main statements however and forwarded them to the Better Business Bureau.

They messed up up when they tried to lie about cellular reception to a NASA satellite scientist .

0 Likes
BradBkr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

yep the unlimited jet pack is a joke 10 day into the month it becomes useless. With up date for your devices eating up your data before you can use your devices with new updates. Jet pack is worthless and the unlimited plan is garbage.

meanpuppydog

i just bought a jetpack   8GB of data a month, then it throttles down to 750kb (speed)

Did you know that StraighTalk is $45.00 / montg  25 GB/month then throttles down to 2GB?

You have to bring your own phone - autopay 45.00 per month.

A lot better than jetpack.,

Though, I have not switched yet.   This is day 9 of my jetpack.   have not tookthe straighttalk plunch yet.

0 Likes