Slow to no service on unlimited data plan
Rickl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else having an issue with data speed on their MiFi 8800L? I have repeatedly called tech support but no one can answer why my download speed is .01 to .35. (Yes that isn’t a misprint, it’s that slow) My upload speed is typically 5.0 to 6.0. 

Plus either I get disconnected during my conversations or I don’t get a return call back even when I ask for a call back if we are disconnected. 

This experience has been very frustrating to say the least. 

Re: Slow to no service on unlimited data plan
Erucaron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree I am having the same exact issue for the past 3 months. Multiple disconnects in a day. Extrememly slow download speeds 0.05 to 1 mbps. Normally have 4 bars sometimes 5. I think it's time for a firmware update for these devices!

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Probably congestion. Also what pla are you on?

0 Likes
broadreach10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same problem.  Much worse than my last Jetpack.  Went round and round with tech support, never getting more than 5-10 gbps.  Frustrating, but...

Try this: Menu > WiFi > Band Selection.  Turn off the 2.4 ghz band.

Eureka!  Performance jumped immediately back to the 15-20 gbps level.  smh as to why the verizon tech didn't suggest this.  Obviously won't work if your individual devices are too old.... (maybe Verizon doesn't want us all running at full speed????

Brindledog

My 8800 has been getting slower and slower. I restarted to no avail. Speed test tonight showed 2MB download and less than 1MB upload! Ridiculous. I plugged in my old 7730L and got "very fast" speeds, something like 50MB download, 35 upload. I then went back to the 8800, turned off the 2.4GH as suggested above, and it did vastly improve speed, but still not as fast as the 7730L. Why is my old jetpack with supposedly outdated technology providing much better speeds than the newer jetpack?

I noticed that the 7730 gave a message that it needed to download new software. I'm afraid to let it download for fear it'll throttle the speed....

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes