Re: Slow data streaming
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUZAMI We understand how important it is to have excellent service. I'm sorry you're experiencing slow connections. We strive to provide the best of the best. I assure you we will do all the research necessary to get this resolved for you. We would like to dive a bit deeper into this for you. Can you please download the speedtest.net application to test your download and upload speeds? Please share the results. We want to make sure you get the assistance that you need. We understand that our busy schedules can sometimes stop us from calling. You can reach out to us via Twitter @VZWSupport or Facebook. You’re not alone; we want to help you.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
SUZAMI

Download .87 Mbps

Upload .55 Mbps

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

I struggled with this problem on the 6620L for a few months until i just couldnt bare it anymore and upgraded before i was even eligible.

The 7730L has a much better modem, I upgraded to that and it really did help. Too bad the trade in value of my 6620L x2 are $0 and i have to pay $175 early termination fee for both even though im literally just replacing them.

So all in all i am paying about $600ish dollars to upgrade my jetpacks, but i couldnt stand the terrible service that the 6620L provided, i was going mad, literally getting home from a 14 hour workday to spend 45 minutea trying to open 1 email and i would flip the fark out. So to me it was worth it.

Tbh i wonder if they throttle speeds on older devices to try and influence people to purchase the newest stuff. No reason the 6620L shouldnt have somewhat normal speeds with 4-5 bars of 4G LTE

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why cancel the contract and pay the $175 ETF when the retail price is $199.99?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

I dont see any other possibilty, i am in a 2 year contract and cant just swap them out.

I had to get a credit check and approved for the 2 7730s, then cancel my 2 6620s and pay the 175 for each of them to get out of the contract

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you pay the full retail price in one lump sum, you can definitely swap out the devices without affecting the current contract. Especially when both devices use SIM cards to connect to the Verizon Wireless network. It would be a simple matter to move the SIM card from the old device to the new device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUZAMI, those certainly are not the speeds we would expect for you. Let's get to the bottom of this. You indicated that you now see slow speeds on your phone as well, how far do you need to be from this address before you see a change? Also, as you indicated that you were overpaying, did you make a recent change to your plan? If so, which plan do you have now?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi IZOLI413,

We know that having options to upgrade your devices and ensuring that your account changes are accurate is important. Let's review your account for the best options. I just sent you a Direct Message, please respond back to this message for assistance.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

They cost $50 with 2 year contract, they wont just let you pay another 150 and trade them in without an early cancellation fee. Even then no way they would reimburse you for retail price.

Since the 6620L is discontinued i doubt they would give much of anything for them anyways.

Id rather just eat the ETF and resell the jetpacks and get $80-100 back.

Preferrably i would like to just say hey i was told these were the best jetpacks available when they were sold to me and they werent and get them swapped out with no charge. But this is Verizon we are dealing with. The best they could offer was to waive an activation fee for one of the devices.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You CAN pay the full retail price in one lump sum on any device phone or Jetpack or tablet and switch your current device out with the new device without affecting your existing contract. I have switched phones with other phones several times per year for 6 years without affecting my contracts or device payment agreements.

0 Likes