Printer does not stay connected to Jetpack
KKJ1165

Recently, I switched my home internet access to the Jetpack since I got the unlimited plan.

I am still working through on keeping the Jetpack powered on, but more importantly, my printer will start flashing with an error and has to be turned off in order to use it.  I may get to print a few things, but within 10 minutes, it has to be powered off again.  This did not happen with old internet provider.

The printer is an HP Officejet Pro 8610.  My Jetpack is the MiFi 5510L.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

~Kelli

0 Likes
Re: Printer does not stay connected to Jetpack
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

What is the error on your printer?  Light codes, error messages on the control panel or PC would be helpful clues to know.

I'd assume that your printer is losing its connection to the Jetpack either due to interference or distance.  The service area of a Jetpack is much smaller than that of a normal home router which you may have been using with your previous service provider.  That means you need to keep your printer relatively close to the Jetpack for it to consistently work.  Even then the Jetpack may clean up the connection to the printer in a way you previous home router did not due to inactivity of the printer in sleep/power save/hibernate mode.

Its usually a good practice to use static IP addresses with printers when connecting them over the network.  This will help your PCs and applications find the printer whenever it goes on and offline through the day.  Otherwise leaving your printer on automatic/DHCP may result in a different IP address each time which can be a problem for many apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KKJ1165, we can understand the importance of staying connected to your printer.  We are here to provide support and will look into this for you.  If your Jetpack is working fine with other devices then we should look at the printer for a solution.  I don’t know the age of your printer, but recommend updating your software and drivers.  Here is a support link to HP that will provide more information about how to update your software and drivers:  http://hp.care/2sRr86Y  Once you select “Go to Drivers” the next page also offers HP Support in your need additional assistance. Please let us know if the Jetpack starts giving you any problems.

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KKJ1165

Thank you for the reply.

The only thing the display says is "Printer Error. Turn off printer, then

on."

The display is white and flashes quickly along with the other lights.

I will try putting the Jetpack closer. I don't use it often enough to have

2 internet services.

Thanks for your input!

~Kelli

0 Likes