MiFi 7730L will not USB tether on Win10
andrew_c_7821a

I have a 7730L that will tether off of USB when connected to my MacBook. When I try to use USB tethering on my Win10 workstation it doesn't work. This was prior to Win10 update 1809 and after updating to 1809.

It shows up in device manager under other devices, MiFi 7730L. It says no driver is installed and cannot fine one through the normal process. All the documentation on VZ says that no driver is required. There seems to be no trace of a driver that can be downloaded elsewhere.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi 7730L will not USB tether on Win10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

andrew_c_7821a, 

Having the option to use your hotspot to tether with both of your computers is extremely important. We're sorry to learn of the trouble you're experiencing, but we're here to help as much as possible. When we checked, we were not able to find any known issues between the MiFi 7730L and any of the Windows 10 versions, so let's get to work. To begin, we'd like to have you make sure the firmware on the hotspot is up to date using the steps shown on this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209155/. If an update was needed, try tethering again. If the device is already up to date or updating didn't resolve the issue, please complete a hard reset on the hotspot with the steps found here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209149/. Keep us posted on your results.

Shawnte_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Sounds like a driver development issue for Verizon to sort out with Novatel.

Start an incident with Verizon directly on this one.  Work through the escalation system to bring this to the attention of Verizon and Novatel engineers.  Its likely something like this will need to come from Novatel and they are already working on it.  Once the updated drivers are prepared VZW will host it on their website.

Still, any progress you can post us on may help out others in the same situation.  For something like this even if your warranty is expired VZW may be willing to work with you.  If not then we will need someone with active support on a 7730L to start an incident and path the way for the rest of us.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

andrew_c_7821a, 

Having the option to use your hotspot to tether with both of your computers is extremely important. We're sorry to learn of the trouble you're experiencing, but we're here to help as much as possible. When we checked, we were not able to find any known issues between the MiFi 7730L and any of the Windows 10 versions, so let's get to work. To begin, we'd like to have you make sure the firmware on the hotspot is up to date using the steps shown on this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209155/. If an update was needed, try tethering again. If the device is already up to date or updating didn't resolve the issue, please complete a hard reset on the hotspot with the steps found here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209149/. Keep us posted on your results.

Shawnte_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
andrew_c_7821a

The factory reset did the trick, I should have known to try that from the beginning. It was brand new though so it didn't even cross my mind. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are welcome, andrew_c_7821a. I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Keep in mind you can always make changes to your plan and services via the My Verizon link below. If you have not done so, please use the link below to enroll in our amazing Verizon Up rewards program. It has some awesome benefits, discounts, and features such as free concert tickets and Starbuck’s gift card. Sign up and start using your rewards today. Enjoy your evening. 

m.vzw.com/m/myverizonapp

m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial

Dia_VZW

0 Likes
AnwarHamoude

No Windows 10 needs a driver. 

*I fixed it by installing a driver 

GoTo => “Device Manager”

Click on => “7730L”

Click => “Update Driver”

Search For Device Driver

Search On Local Machine

*here you will have a list of drivers

*keeping installing divers until you find one that makes it work 

*used the driver made by “Creative” - it was the last one on the list made by “Creative”

—-

Windows 10 absolutely requires this device to have a driver. In no reality with this piece of junk magically work without a driver installed.

Verizon needs to take responsibility for the junk they sell. 

0 Likes