MiFi 7730L inner system date time
bios

Hello. On my Verizon MiFi 7730L when I see sms messages or see logs - system date is 01/06/1970.

Here is the screenshot - Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Can I set this date and time on my hotspot, if yes how?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi 7730L inner system date time
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

My guess is that the MiFi does not know how to contact any local Time Servers for the Eastern Europe/Ukraine area of the globe.  You may have to wait until you can return to a normal VZW service area before the date function on the MiFi functions correctly.

As long as the internet is working through your current carrier then I would just ignore the time stamps for now.

That or show all your friends that you are actually a time traveler from the not so distant past : )

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

See the user manual on page 66:

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Mifi/userguide/verizon-jetpack-mifi-7730l-ug....

Preferences

• Allow Settings Changes
    1. — Turn on to allow settings to be changed from the Jetpack display.
  • Allow Reset Button
    1. — Turn on to allow settings to be changed from the Jetpack display
  • Universal Charging
    1. — Use this feature to charge your cellphone or similar device
  • Device Preferences
    1. — Allows you to set the behaviour of the Jetpack.
  • Notifications —
    1. Allows you to turn ON/OFF listed notifications.
  • User Preferences —
    1. Allows you to customize the date, time, distance and number formats.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bios, I want to make sure your device and time preferences are correct and up to date. The link to the user manual provided by John is accurate and useful. However, before you can proceed with the steps he outlines, you'll need to make sure you are signed in to your administrator account. You'll find the link to the admin site on page 26 of the manual (going by the  and the sign in instructions on page 27. Do these steps help you fix your time preferences?

Colin H_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bios

Hi John.

This option only change view: dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy

I need to set time and date to actual - Mar 2018, now Jetpack show me Jan 1970.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure we will figure this out together Bios. I did review the manual and on page 66, it does state that it will allow you to customize the date etc. Are you able to provide a picture of what you see? If you still cannot change the date then you would need to factory reset the device shown on page 68. Keep me posted. 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bios

Here is screenshot Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Only two options, like I write.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We totally understand that it is not giving you the option we were looking for. At this time the best option is to perform a Factory Reset. Here is a link with steps on how to do that https://vz.to/2ukYkJV

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bios

I do reset from device menu and try from admin site to. Not helping.

Maybe it's because I use non Verizon sim card?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bios wrote:

I do reset from device menu and try from admin site to. Not helping.

Maybe it's because I use non Verizon sim card?

That was an important piece of information to have included in your original post. Which carrier do you have the device on?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bios

I located in East Europe Ukraine now. Verizon sim not working here. I try many local carriers: Kievstar UA, Life UA, Vodafone UA. Mifi internal date reset after I remove battery and set on 01/01/1970 12:00.

PS: internet working perfectly on all this carriers

0 Likes