MiFi 7730L Screen Lock
teiresias

Previously it didn't make sense for these hotspot devices to have screen locks because you could just use the reset button to set it back to factory defaults and bypass any kind of screen lock. However now that you can disable the reset button through the web interface it would be really nice to also be able to lock the screen to better protect your device once it is on. If this isn't already requested as a future feature enhancement I think it would be really nice to add.

Thanks,

Teiresias

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 7730L Screen Lock
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

teiresias You make a very valid point. We will definitely forward your feedback to the developer for consideration. No promises but this is the only way changes are made so thank you for taking the time to contact us.

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 7730L Screen Lock
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> However now that you can disable the reset button through the web interface

That's news to me.  Seems like a bad idea without more context though.

> would be really nice to also be able to lock the screen to better protect your device once it is on.

Right, as long as the malicious user has physical access to the device they can always just look at the password on the screen or do the restore defaults.  In this case I don't see the benefit of locking the reset button.  If anything it would be more valuable to do it the other way around and lock the screen and not the restore default button.

0 Likes