MiFi 7730L Broken After the 3A Firmware update...PLEASE HELP
ROBMIL3617
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the 3A Firmware update, my MiFi 7730L can no longer get a signal. I can take the SIM out and put it in my old Jetpack® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L, and it powers up and locks into a strong 4G. Moved the SIM back and the 7730L will not get a signal... Can someone with vzw_customer_support​​ PLEASE help get my MiFi 7730L working again?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 7730L Broken After the 3A Firmware update...PLEASE HELP
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBMIL3617,

Updates should help your device perform better, not the opposite. Let's see what's going on. What message appears (no signal, searching, 1x, etc.)? I've checked my resources, and I'd like to gather some additional information. How long ago was the firmware update? Have you completed any troubleshooting steps with the device besides switching the SIM card? Please elaborate for me, thanks so much. 

Christina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

There is a bad firmware update on the MiFi 7730.

Call into Verizon and ask that they swap your model for another one.  If your Jetpack already took the update and a patch is not yet available then moving to another device is the only solution.

0 Likes
dmande48

the replacement from Vzn didn't help me.  it had the update on it and it started the same mess all over again

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Send it back to VZW.  Repeat the process as frequently as necessary.  Have VZW compensate you for your downtime with credits to your account.

This is how we get the attention we need to get the problem resolved.  After 2 or 3 replacements for the same issue VZW is going to start offering you something different.  They need to acknowledge this is a problem and work with Novatel to pause the current 3A update and get a new firmware patch pushed out ASAP.

0 Likes
dmande48

my internet is supplied by my employer.  they have protocol they have to follow to resolve issues and we are working through those.  i agree that Vzn needs to be conscious of these problems and work tirelessly to solve them, but I can't keep asking the IT department at my company to constantly barrage them with calls and requests for replacement jetpacks. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dande48,

It is crucial to make sure you have a quality signal coming through on your Jetpack for your Internet connection, especially since this is your work being impacted. Let's get to the bottom of this and get you back on your feet. I know you mentioned you have this device through your employer's account, and you are correct when you say that they go through their protocol to get it replaced, and at the same rate, I want to ensure troubleshooting has been completed. Sometimes these types of issues can be a quick fix, and we're here to assist!

I'd like to gather some more details regarding your issue and where it stands. What is the signal showing on your Jetpack? Are you seeing any error messages during your connection? Also, to check on service issues in the area, what is the zip code in the area this is occurring?

Thanks for your cooperation in this while we work towards a solution.

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBMIL3617
Enthusiast - Level 1

vzw_customer_support​  I have a circle with a line through it. I have soft reset. I have hard reset. Nothing has changed. I have had this software update about 3 weeks now. The device will constantly restart at random times for no known reason.

0 Likes