MIFI data usage?
EC121

Does the MIFI device use data faster than others?

0 Likes
Re: MIFI data usage?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not necessarily. The devices connected to the mifi and how they are using the data can vary from each other.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome question EC121! Ann154 is correct, the Mifi device wouldn't use data. It provides data to other devices. Here's a great link to help understand the data usage: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/understanding-data-usage-video/

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EC121,

no device use more data than the others. Data usage is based on what you're doing on that device. Different activities can consume large amounts of data. Here's a few tasks that use large amounts of data:

Streaming audio or video using apps such as Pandora®, Spotify®, Netflix® and YouTube™

Using social media or websites with lots of pictures/updates such as Facebook®, Twitter®, Instagram® or Pinterest®

Video Calling

Downloading music/MP3s

Backing up content with cloud storage and/or file sharing tools such as Verizon Cloud, Dropbox™, or Google Drive

Using your device as a Mobile Hotspot and allowing other devices to access the internet from it.

Location-based apps like Maps or MapQuest

I hope that this information is helpful to you. For more information regarding how your data usage is calculated: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-usage-faqs/?intcmp=INT-SEA-NON-SE-sc_data_usage-0306201...

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes